Other Podcasts

Haumana

Re: Other Podcasts

Post by Haumana » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Yeah, where'd he end up? He wasn't posting much anymore, but still...

Listening to Joe Rogan #436 - Stefan Molyneux. Very interesting dude.
He even spoke the heresy that corporations are not part of Free Market Capitalism. :o
He got married.

Molyneux says some interesting things but I find him and his youtube exceedingly annoying.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:30 pm

He got really rustled by smitty and quit posting entirely right afterwards. He showed back up and posted a couple months ago once or twice. I liked the Based Slav's podcast tbh.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:04 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:He got really rustled by smitty and quit posting entirely right afterwards. He showed back up and posted a couple months ago once or twice. I liked the Based Slav's podcast tbh.
Do you listen to The Daily Shoah? I had to tap out after the first 10 of their last show. Do they ever get to actual news and issues?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:24 pm

Yeah I leave it on in the back ground when I'm fucking around. They do cover news a lot but it's mostly verbal shit posting. They just covered a lot of #PizzaGate and of course #FakeNews. They are really just all over the map as far as the show format is concerned but they have time stamps on their segments though.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:03 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Yeah I leave it on in the back ground when I'm fucking around. They do cover news a lot but it's mostly verbal shit posting. They just covered a lot of #PizzaGate and of course #FakeNews. They are really just all over the map as far as the show format is concerned but they have time stamps on their segments though.
I thought it was a verbal shitpost podcast which is why I bailed. But some of the references in the Fash show intimated that they actually talk about some news, so I thought I would ask.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:11 pm

For some reason I thought they had better time stamps (guess that's why they are still the number two show,) but somewhere between 1:23 and 2:49 they go over pizza gate if that interests you. I think you said it did. I'm still not touching it.

LVH2

Post by LVH2 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:24 am

Hastur wrote:I forgot to mention In Our Time with Melvyn Bragg on BBC4.

This is my favorite at the moment. I don't really like opinion driven podcasts.

The recent one about the Gin Craze is a good place to start.

Titus Oates and the Popish Plot (kind of a red scare, but for Catholics)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b079rbcj

Foxe's Book of Martyrs (more stuff with people killing each other over religion)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vy2dd

I don't like the science ones much, and dislike the ones where they discuss some broad concept like "love" even more.

KerningChameleon

Post by KerningChameleon » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:37 pm

Recently got into Arms Control Wonk. Pretty good. They're a bit too deep into the whole "the sole purpose of nuclear weapons is deterrence" mindset that they don't seem to realize there are a good chunk of people who think nuclear weapons are also offensive weapons and it's a waste to not be using them as such, but otherwise a pretty solid show on the subject. Gotta love their latest show ripping into the NYT for blowing the KJU New Year's Speech completely out of proportion.

Also, I'm a bit curious how other folk listen to their podcasts. I personally use Pocketcasts: yeah, it's an upfront $5 fee, but no bullshit in-app purchases or ads afterwards.
"Old World Blues.' It refers to those so obsessed with the past they can't see the present, much less the future, for what it is. They stare into the what-was...as the realities of their world continue on around them." -Fallout New Vegas

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:09 pm

I use Pocketcasts too. It's well worth the 5 bucks - vast improvement over Apples app.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:11 pm

You guys are retarded for doing payed content.