Other Podcasts

Montegriffo

Re: Other Podcasts

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:52 pm

skankhunt42 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:No danger there Grumps, we are ranked number two and we just embarrassed the number one team, Australia, a week ago.
As for team sports in general, we spread our talent pretty thin, we compete in just about every international game invented (mostly by us ). Whereas you only play a few games, mostly amongst yourselves. In fact you play a game which is a version of our girl's game rounders and have the front to call it the World series, that's just fucking sad dude.
:micdrop:

Now if you want to take this further let's move over to the internment camp and stop filling up this thread with your nonsense.
As a Chicagoan I bite my thumb at your sir. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. Baseball is not "Rounders". Our former boy Chapman is throwing a baseball 100mph plus at your grill, good luck with that. I should note that here in America, Beta's play Soccer and it's the #1 girls sport here.
Moved over to the camp. Bring it on over there please.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:21 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:No danger there Grumps, we are ranked number two and we just embarrassed the number one team, Australia, a week ago.
As for team sports in general, we spread our talent pretty thin, we compete in just about every international game invented (mostly by us ). Whereas you only play a few games, mostly amongst yourselves. In fact you play a game which is a version of our girl's game rounders and have the front to call it the World series, that's just fucking sad dude.
:micdrop:

Now if you want to take this further let's move over to the internment camp and stop filling up this thread with your nonsense.
As a Chicagoan I bite my thumb at your sir. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. Baseball is not "Rounders". Our former boy Chapman is throwing a baseball 100mph plus at your grill, good luck with that. I should note that here in America, Beta's play Soccer and it's the #1 girls sport here.
Pick the wrong fight and run away... Very well, Limey, I come to your battlefield, and my numbers are legion.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:50 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote:
Pick the wrong fight and run away... Very well, Limey, I come to your battlefield, and my numbers are legion.
Not me that ran away, where are you? Gone elsewhere with your ill thought out rambling I guess.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:47 am

Back to the Podcasts:

1) The Adam Carolla Show - I'm a big fan, if you don't like the guests sometimes it's fun just to skip to the end and hear them riff about the news.
2) The Bill Simmons Podcast - Fun if you like sports.
3) Hollywood Babylon - Kevin Smith and Ralph Garman talk smack about celebs, it's funny.
4) Radiolab and Freakonomics - Already mentioned on here
5) Startalk radio - Neil Degrasse Tyson's podcast
6) Joe Rogan - Already mentioned on here
7) That Video Game Podcast - My favorite video game related podcast, it's been around for about 7 years now. Family friendly, they intentionally keep the language PG.
8) The BMFcast - A show where in the first half they watch bad movies and rate them, second half talk about current movies. Hilarious.
9) Classic Loveline Podcast - Literally the 90's radio shows of Dr. Drew and Adam Carolla. Little bit of nostalgia and hilarity.
10) Best of Opie & Anthony Pod - Some gold there.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:53 am

skankhunt42 wrote:Back to the Podcasts:

1) The Adam Carolla Show - I'm a big fan, if you don't like the guests sometimes it's fun just to skip to the end and hear them riff about the news.
3) Hollywood Babylon - Kevin Smith and Ralph Garman talk smack about celebs, it's funny.
7) That Video Game Podcast - My favorite video game related podcast, it's been around for about 7 years now. Family friendly, they intentionally keep the language PG.
8) The BMFcast - A show where in the first half they watch bad movies and rate them, second half talk about current movies. Hilarious.
9) Classic Loveline Podcast - Literally the 90's radio shows of Dr. Drew and Adam Carolla. Little bit of nostalgia and hilarity.
BMF broke my heart when they unleashed some PC bitchiness on me. But i still listen.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:05 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:

BMF broke my heart when they unleashed some PC bitchiness on me. But i still listen.
Yea...It's hard to follow them on twitter when they get political. Very, very, hard. They are too preachy at times. Be that as it may, still a great show, I love No Quarters there video game podcast as well. Side note, I was the guy that called in as Jeff Goldblum back in the day.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:13 am

I forgot to mention In Our Time with Melvyn Bragg on BBC4. While not strictly a Podcast that is how i consume it so it falls into that category. I currently only subscribe to the History episodes. I don't have time to listen to them all. It's nice that they have them categorized like that.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01dh5yg

Here's a sample.

The Bronze Age Collapse

Melvyn Bragg and guests discuss The Bronze Age Collapse, the name given by many historians to what appears to have been a sudden, uncontrolled destruction of dominant civilizations around 1200 BC in the Aegean, Eastern Mediterranean and Anatolia. Among other areas, there were great changes in Minoan Crete, Egypt, the Hittite Empire, Mycenaean Greece and Syria. The reasons for the changes, and the extent of those changes, are open to debate and include droughts, rebellions, the breakdown of trade as copper became less desirable, earthquakes, invasions, volcanoes and the mysterious Sea Peoples.

With

John Bennet
Director of the British School at Athens and Professor of Aegean Archaeology at the University of Sheffield

Linda Hulin
Fellow of Harris Manchester College and Research Officer at the Oxford Centre for Maritime Archaeology at the University of Oxford

And

Simon Stoddart
Fellow of Magdalene College and Reader in Prehistory at the University of Cambridge

Producer: Simon Tillotson.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:13 am

Hastur wrote:I forgot to mention In Our Time with Melvyn Bragg on BBC4. While not strictly a Podcast that is how i consume it so it falls into that category. I currently only subscribe to the History episodes. I don't have time to listen to them all. It's nice that they have them categorized like that.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01dh5yg

Here's a sample.

The Bronze Age Collapse

Melvyn Bragg and guests discuss The Bronze Age Collapse, the name given by many historians to what appears to have been a sudden, uncontrolled destruction of dominant civilizations around 1200 BC in the Aegean, Eastern Mediterranean and Anatolia. Among other areas, there were great changes in Minoan Crete, Egypt, the Hittite Empire, Mycenaean Greece and Syria. The reasons for the changes, and the extent of those changes, are open to debate and include droughts, rebellions, the breakdown of trade as copper became less desirable, earthquakes, invasions, volcanoes and the mysterious Sea Peoples.

With

John Bennet
Director of the British School at Athens and Professor of Aegean Archaeology at the University of Sheffield

Linda Hulin
Fellow of Harris Manchester College and Research Officer at the Oxford Centre for Maritime Archaeology at the University of Oxford

And

Simon Stoddart
Fellow of Magdalene College and Reader in Prehistory at the University of Cambridge

Producer: Simon Tillotson.
They are great, as is radio 4 in general.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:35 am

skankhunt42 wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:

Yea...It's hard to follow them on twitter when they get political. Very, very, hard. They are too preachy at times. Be that as it may, still a great show, I love No Quarters there video game podcast as well. Side note, I was the guy that called in as Jeff Goldblum back in the day.
They reviewed that Dolph Kindergarten cop movie, i was like they must be just regular leftists or something, but boy was i wrong. I am pretty sure they know who i am if send them mail i am curious will they act bitchgressive and ignore me or normal.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:39 pm

TRS Radio (WASHINGTON, D.C.) – With the Trump transition team shaping up to be a mixed bag of Trump loyalists, kayaks, and party establishmentarians, McFeels and Halberstram provide their unparalleled insights and analysis on Trump’s latest picks in hour one. In hour two, they’re joined by Fortune 500 executive and former congressional candidate, Paul Nehlen, for an exclusive first-time Alt Right interview. There they take a look back at Nehlen’s race against globalist cuckold par excellence, Paul Ryan, his perspective on Trump’s victory, and what the future holds. In hour 3, McFeels and Halberstram return to their usual format to discuss the latest of many burgeoning left-wing conspiracy theories, most prominently,#FakeNews and the absurd narrative that “Russia hacked the U.S. election”. It’s all ahead on Fash the Nation!
https://radio.therightstuff.biz/2016/12 ... -theories/