HH60 - The Celtic Holocaust

Hastur

Re: HH60 - The Celtic Holocaust

Post by Hastur » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:26 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:So my concern was not unfounded and this is an attempt to push the pro-"refugee" garbage?
No, I didn't get any of that. There is talk about a potential refugee situation in the beginning with the Helvetii, but nothing that could be interpreted as "pro refugee".
Later in the episode Dan spends some time talking about how the Gallic tribes are divided internally between those who want to integrate with the Roman invaders and the "patriots" who want to fight for freedom. He is pretty neutral about it but sympathises most with the patriots.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:32 am

Hastur wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:So my concern was not unfounded and this is an attempt to push the pro-"refugee" garbage?
No, I didn't get any of that. There is talk about a potential refugee situation in the beginning with the Helvetii, but nothing that could be interpreted as "pro refugee".
Later in the episode Dan spends some time talking about how the Gallic tribes are divided internally between those who want to integrate with the Roman invaders and the "patriots" who want to fight for freedom. He is pretty neutral about it but sympathises most with the patriots.
Does he make reference to what the next topic will be about and whether its a multiple part series or a stand alone/Blitz episode?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:38 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Hastur wrote:
Does he make reference to what the next topic will be about and whether its a multiple part series or a stand alone/Blitz episode?
No. My guess he will remake an old subject again. Just doing it 10 times longer than the first time.

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:40 am

Hastur wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:
Hastur wrote: No, I didn't get any of that. There is talk about a potential refugee situation in the beginning with the Helvetii, but nothing that could be interpreted as "pro refugee".
No. My guess he will remake an old subject again. Just doing it 10 times longer than the first time.
Jeez sounds like your unimpressed / unsatisfied. 8 months and a retelling of Caesar. I get it I guess. But hey he was originally doing something he never covered before and then History on Fire picked it up and is almost done wit it.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:51 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Hastur wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote: Does he make reference to what the next topic will be about and whether its a multiple part series or a stand alone/Blitz episode?
Jeez sounds like your unimpressed / unsatisfied. 8 months and a retelling of Caesar. I get it I guess. But hey he was originally doing something he never covered before and then History on Fire picked it up and is almost done wit it.
Why would he care about what History on Fire does?

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:56 am

Frankly, this show feels like a forced march.

About 2 or 3 hours in he refers to what a general might tell "his or her" people to do or some such. Lot of references to the "folks." In fact, a lot of SMH turns of phrase here and there.

I've got about an hour and half to go.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:01 am

Fife wrote:Frankly, this show feels like a forced march.

About 2 or 3 hours in he refers to what a general might tell "his or her" people to do or some such. Lot of references to the "folks." In fact, a lot of SMH turns of phrase here and there.

I've got about an hour and half to go.

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:14 am

Hastur wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:
Hastur wrote: No. My guess he will remake an old subject again. Just doing it 10 times longer than the first time.
Why would he care about what History on Fire does?
Because Dan would take 6+ months for 6ish hours of content, whereas DB can do 4 episodes in 4 months for, at a minimum, the same amount of content? That, and I think it was just something decided by Dan as not to step on his friend's toes.

Now, should Dan care? Probably not. Maybe he should focus on more content, more often?
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:11 am

I wish he did the Conquest of Mexico actually. One, its a new topic for him and two he's better than Daniele at storytelling and presentation overall. I can't believe it will be 2018 until we get another HH episode. At least release the Blueprint "extra hardcore" episode for purchase. Shit, he's been sitting on that for over what two years?

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:38 am

GloryofGreece wrote:I wish he did the Conquest of Mexico actually. One, its a new topic for him and two he's better than Daniele at storytelling and presentation overall. I can't believe it will be 2018 until we get another HH episode. At least release the Blueprint "extra hardcore" episode for purchase. Shit, he's been sitting on that for over what two years?
I'm not sure I believe that anymore. It took Dan over an hour to start the goddamn story about the Celts. Danielle Pepperoni arrives at the point a bit quicker.

Dan still makes an interesting podcast, but I have become less enamored with him.
Shikata ga nai