Common Sense 316 - The Day of the Dove

Martin Hash

Re: Common Sense 316 - The Day of the Dove

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:37 am

The base human emotions overshadow all decisions. You can placate them but you can never appeal to them rationally because they aren't rational, they're evolutionary. Liberty is a difficult concept to grasp, self-interest is often confused with selfishness. If you want to keep a Liberty society in a democracy, you must make allies of the majority, those people who benefit from the fruits of liberty but are still envious, spiteful, resentful & disdainful of the "winners."
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:39 am

COME AT ME FAGGOTS YEAH NAH M8 ILL FUCK YOU UP CUNT

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:44 am

Martin Hash wrote:The base human emotions overshadow all decisions. You can placate them but you can never appeal to them rationally because they aren't rational, they're evolutionary. Liberty is a difficult concept to grasp, self-interest is often confused with selfishness. If you want to keep a Liberty society in a democracy, you must make allies of the majority, those people who benefit from the fruits of liberty but are still envious, spiteful, resentful & disdainful of the "winners."

I believe that you believe that. It's obvious you actually believe that from your posts. The reality is that most people in this forum couldn't care less about that stuff. You project it onto others.

It's the generalization of the Jewish saying regarding an honest man. When liars encounter an honest man, they believe he must be the greatest liar in the world because they can't fathom why anybody wouldn't lie.

We are all like that with our various character flaws. Some of us are simply more aware of it than others..

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:52 am

Dude, the root of your disorder is not understanding what's going on around you.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:54 am

:lol:

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:59 am

The Jacobins make more sense when you consider they were mostly self-proclaimed "intellectuals."

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:08 am

I send off one angry post and things really got turned up. GCF, I was too harsh, but my goodness would you benefit from a dose of humility.

To better answer GCF's charges many pages ago, DCF was useful to me because I got to see the internal thoughts of folks who believed very different things than I did -- how could folks who are smarter/better read believe in things I thought are obviously wrong????? Eventually, a well-adjusted human will gain humility and scale back their certainties as they try to purge harmful strict ideology from their system (when I first came here I was rather extreme libertarian for exampe).

My formal education is all in group think settings where everything thinks the exact same things. Now growth gonna happen there.

Re: the very unimpressive "The Day of the Dove," Dan seems incapable of offering any interesting insight anymore.

Anyway, couple good posts re: my post-atheism comment. Maybe should be a thread. And no, I don't believe there is a magical man in the sky who cares specifically about my well-being.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:20 am

Fife wrote:The Jacobins make more sense when you consider they were mostly self-proclaimed "intellectuals."
The Jacobins make perfect sense in a world controlled by the base emotions.

p.s. There are ducks born thinking all animals are they're friends, but they don't pass on their genes.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:21 am

apeman wrote:I send off one angry post and things really got turned up. GCF, I was too harsh, but my goodness would you benefit from a dose of humility.

To better answer GCF's charges many pages ago, DCF was useful to me because I got to see the internal thoughts of folks who believed very different things than I did -- how could folks who are smarter/better read believe in things I thought are obviously wrong????? Eventually, a well-adjusted human will gain humility and scale back their certainties as they try to purge harmful strict ideology from their system (when I first came here I was rather extreme libertarian for exampe).

My formal education is all in group think settings where everything thinks the exact same things. Now growth gonna happen there.

Re: the very unimpressive "The Day of the Dove," Dan seems incapable of offering any interesting insight anymore.

Anyway, couple good posts re: my post-atheism comment. Maybe should be a thread. And no, I don't believe there is a magical man in the sky who cares specifically about my well-being.
"self-awareness"

p.s. Look you people who don't have any, and learn.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:41 am

Jesus loves you anyway faggot