Shikata ga nai

Penner

Re: HH60 - The Celtic Holocaust

Post by Penner » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:56 pm

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:01 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Actually, all of the atoms in you except Hydrogen, were formed inside a nova explosion. You are made of stars.

Helium was a big bang product as well.

lithium, beryllium and boron cannot be made by stars through fusion. They are made, I think, from cosmic radiation breaking up larger atoms. I sucked at chemistry, though, so don't quote me on it. I just know there are three you can't reach through fusion.
Right, but the larger atoms were made in star cores themselves. Lead is a by-product of uranium decay, for example.

Everything is star stuff.

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:04 pm

But all of it came from the initial supply of helium and hydrogen in the big bang. Star fusion was just an intermediary in the process, not the source building blocks.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:14 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:But all of it came from the initial supply of helium and hydrogen in the big bang. Star fusion was just an intermediary in the process, not the source building blocks.
Well, if you want to go that route, then the subatomic particles are all made up of pure energy from the Big Bang. We're just a slightly different configuration of the same energy from all other matter.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:10 pm

Big Bang physics talk makes me feel stoned
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:55 pm

heydaralon wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
I think Dan's delivery has gone down though. Peak Carlin is the Death Throes of the Republic series. He has never reached that level of quality again in my opinion. I still enjoy his shows, but he has not matched that series. I'm pretty bummed out about that.
I think he was there with BluePrint as well. King of Kings took a hit. Destroyer of Worlds was a longer Logical Insanity and here we are.
Look, I'm just trying to help Tortellini man out. He doesn't speak English well, but he's giving it his best shot. You guys are just being mean. And Death Throes is the best of all time.
Dan has certain advantages over most of the History Podcasters. Foremost is he almost single handedly invented the genre. But beyond that Dan Carlin has attributes that you find in many innovators, a series of events and experiences that blend together in him.

First, he comes from a family of entertainers and grew up in that atmosphere.
Second, he has experience in Corporate News Media
Third, Dan Carlin is not bound by ethical restrictions as a Historian............ by his own choosing.
Fourth, Dan and Ben know how to put together entertaining, and riveting shows. They do this by using sound as a vehicle, from great intro voice people, to setting journal entry quotes apart to stressing key points.

NO ONE ELSE has these elements.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:44 am

heydaralon wrote:Dan's mom was a gangbang product
Give credit to the mother. he turned out great.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:23 am

What was Dan's last official salaried position and when did he leave to pursue podcasting full-time? 2007?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:34 am

GloryofGreece wrote:What was Dan's last official salaried position and when did he leave to pursue podcasting full-time? 2007?

His last position was hosting the Gary Gnu Show on Portland public access television before it got shit-canned in favor of a Lesbian romance tips show that focused on ending the scourge of lesbian bed death.