HH60 - The Celtic Holocaust

GloryofGreece

Re: HH60 - The Celtic Holocaust

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:42 am

heydaralon wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:I wish he did the Conquest of Mexico actually. One, its a new topic for him and two he's better than Daniele at storytelling and presentation overall. I can't believe it will be 2018 until we get another HH episode. At least release the Blueprint "extra hardcore" episode for purchase. Shit, he's been sitting on that for over what two years?
I'm not sure I believe that anymore. It took Dan over an hour to start the goddamn story about the Celts. Danielle Pepperoni arrives at the point a bit quicker.

Dan still makes an interesting podcast, but I have become less enamored with him.
its a matter of taste like most things, but im sure most listeners think Dan Carlin is still the King of History. Easily. And that its difficult to understand Daniele often.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:43 am

heydaralon wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:I wish he did the Conquest of Mexico actually. One, its a new topic for him and two he's better than Daniele at storytelling and presentation overall. I can't believe it will be 2018 until we get another HH episode. At least release the Blueprint "extra hardcore" episode for purchase. Shit, he's been sitting on that for over what two years?
I'm not sure I believe that anymore. It took Dan over an hour to start the goddamn story about the Celts. Danielle Pepperoni arrives at the point a bit quicker.

Dan still makes an interesting podcast, but I have become less enamored with him.
Bolelonini might be a brilliant podcaster, but I simply can't get past the accent. Too hard to listen to, while Dan's voice is like a soothing balm on my cortex during the work day.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:45 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Bolelonini might be a brilliant podcaster, but I simply can't get past the accent. Too hard to listen to, while Dan's voice is like a soothing balm on my cortex during the work day.
GCF, you forgot to tuck in your xenophobia.

:snicker:
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:46 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

RACISM ALERT
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:48 am

I get what you guys are saying. I used to be bugged by the accent, but now I kind of dig it.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:51 am

Also GloryofGreece: Danielle is doing a podcast on the Aztecs and Cortes as we speak. The dude is already 3 episodes in. Its one of his best, and if you can put aside your anti Italian bias you might enjoy it. I don't like Italians either, but I have been trying to broaden my horizons. We aren't gonna get this guy to convert to Protestantism over night, it will take time. We just need to keep trying.
Shikata ga nai

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:09 am

I'm aware of the Conquest series. I've listened to all of it. His delivery isn't there IMO. And its not his best one, but its such a great story overall that it almost doesn't matter even if he isn't presenting it in the best way or as good as Dan would. Hard to mess up an epic like that. Its been decently done IMO but not great. The story is great but its not b/c of him telling it.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:11 am

GloryofGreece wrote:I'm aware of the Conquest series. I've listened to all of it. His delivery isn't there IMO. And its not his best one, but its such a great story overall that it almost doesn't matter even if he isn't presenting it in the best way or as good as Dan would. Hard to mess up an epic like that. Its been decently done IMO but not great. The story is great but its not b/c of him telling it.
I think Dan's delivery has gone down though. Peak Carlin is the Death Throes of the Republic series. He has never reached that level of quality again in my opinion. I still enjoy his shows, but he has not matched that series. I'm pretty bummed out about that.
Shikata ga nai

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:19 am

DBTrek wrote:Wait . . . we're teaching folks to shed tears over the human-sacrificing Aztecs now?
The hell?

Cortes didn't recruit a boatload of tribal allies because the Aztecs we're nice guys just minding their own business and peacefully going their way.
:doh:
Of course. Where have you been? In Georgia, the conquistadors get more Darth Vader treatment than Hitler. Pizarro especially.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:24 am

heydaralon wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:I'm aware of the Conquest series. I've listened to all of it. His delivery isn't there IMO. And its not his best one, but its such a great story overall that it almost doesn't matter even if he isn't presenting it in the best way or as good as Dan would. Hard to mess up an epic like that. Its been decently done IMO but not great. The story is great but its not b/c of him telling it.
I think Dan's delivery has gone down though. Peak Carlin is the Death Throes of the Republic series. He has never reached that level of quality again in my opinion. I still enjoy his shows, but he has not matched that series. I'm pretty bummed out about that.
Lies. Wrath of Khans and Blueprint for Armageddon are the best podcasts I've ever heard.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0