What Book Are You Reading at the Moment?

brewster
daralon

Re: What Book Are You Reading at the Moment?

Post by brewster » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:14 am

Rereading this good stuff, much better than anything Niven wrote after like 1980.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

heydaralon
Smitty

Re: What Book Are You Reading at the Moment?

Post by heydaralon » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:47 pm

Reading When the War Was Over about Pol Pot and Khmer Rouge by Elizabeth Becker. Just finished A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James. which is a fictional account of the Bob Marley Assassination Attempt and the Kingston Gangs/CIA allegedly behind it. The book is like a more brutal version of the City of God movie.

Also read Mythos by Stephen Fry. That poof can write. Great stuff.

If you are into gritty over-the-top pulp, check out Craig Zahler's books. He is the dude who wrote and directed Dragged Across Concrete and Brawl in Cell Block 99. Like a good version of Tarantino imo...

That Once upon a Time movie was complete shit. Should have just made a movie about the Manson family. I hate it when directors make movies about the movie industry/film production. Just seems masturbatory tbh. I hate Entourage, and that is probably why. Its like how every protagonist in Stephen King's early books is a writer. If you are just writing to write about writing or directing to film directing, you are not really saying much. similar to how all these liberal arts degrees just prepare you to become a liberal arts professor. I don't see the point.
I don't give a tinkers cuss about climate change, I bash baby seal heads in, eat their hearts raw, then wipe my mouth with their furry carcasses, if the sea ice dissapears, I switch to some other furry creature.
-Smitty-48