17 Lucktocracy

Martin Hash

17 Lucktocracy

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:24 am

Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Re: 17 Lucktocracy

Post by C-Mag » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:24 pm

How do you define wealth and what is considered rich ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:15 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:24 pm
How do you define wealth and what is considered rich ?
In the sense of this podcast, wealth is objective. Satisfaction in life, so-called “happiness,” is subjective.

I’ve been contemplating life a lot during the past year. I’m extremely accomplished but I’ve come to the conclusion that less than half a percent of other people feel the same way about what I’ve done. I basically went my whole life not knowing that my goals were incomprehensible to others; why would anyone invest so much time & money into things that had no return? What they don’t understand is that I went directly to doing the things I’d do if I was retired & rich, and ended up retired & rich.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:37 pm

Frankly, I'm not concerned about what you've done in your life. If you're happy with it. Cool.
I'm far more concerned with my own life and family. But I'm not easily impressed with others.
I've never wanted an autrograph, I've never said, hey this guy has it all together I'm going to emulate him. I certainly have my heroes, but the people I know well.

Honestly, fame and adoration is stupid. You can be famous for a sex tape, marrying a Kardashian or being on a reality show. So fucking what.
PLATA O PLOMO

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:55 pm

You and 99.5% of everybody.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:22 pm

Considering this subject 8 years later, I don’t think the Lucktocracy has anything to do with happiness as long as it’s not too little nor too much. Children like their lives no matter the circumstances so that means adults can too.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:35 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:55 pm
It's particularly difficult in tumultuous times as we live in today to do anything else but look after home and kin. There's a real tension out there right now. People are tired of living on the edge in many ways for the last 4 years.
PLATA O PLOMO

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:08 pm

:clap:
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:35 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:55 pm
It's particularly difficult in tumultuous times as we live in today to do anything else but look after home and kin. There's a real tension out there right now. People are tired of living on the edge in many ways for the last 4 years.
I was just sharing my insights; I’m very satisfied & happy. In a conversation with Gwynne this week, I realized that I’m doing the same thing now I’ve done for almost 5 decades; staring at a computer screen deep in thought. It’s been different things I’ve been thinking over the years but the isolation, solitude, challenge & unique experience every day is the same. For example, to increase the pressure this time, I’m going to simultaneously write 3 novels; morning, noon & afternoon. I don’t know how many words I’ll target per day; have to see but it will increase as I near the end, I’m sure. Already wrote the detailed outlines (broken down to every 125 words, plus the character names which is always a hassle). 1 of the novels is a thriller, the second is a psychological mystery, and the third is erotica, to mix it up.