Martin Hash

1202 Prepping is Worthless

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:37 am

Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Re: 1202 Prepping is Worthless

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:12 pm

Pretty cynical take Hash.

While I agree that much of the Prepping world is bullshit derived from a bad mix of old school survivalism and modern day consumerism, saying preparing and self reliance re worthless is silly.

Why lock your doors or secure your possession of any kind ? Statistics prove that a relatively small portion of society are victims of burglaries.

Every year we see natural disasters in which people that do not prepare for adverse weather are forced to strip the store shelves bare in a few hours once the MSM tells them to prepare.

You assume that self reliance and preparation is only for one future, a Dystopian future where there are roving bands of hungry people. In American history the most widespread hunger was during the Great Depression. There certainly was theft of food and all manners of material things, but many people got by with the skills in self reliance and possessions they had prior to the collapse.

From now on I challenge to stop locking your 'Vette or your Avanti any time you take it out. What is locking your car if not preparing for the chance that a thief may happen by.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:43 pm

Not only don’t I lock my cars, I don’t lock my house.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:45 pm

Prepping certainly depends on where you live. As I stated in the podcast, where I live will simply order me to “share,” and when I don’t they’ll come for everything.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:07 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:45 pm
Prepping certainly depends on where you live. As I stated in the podcast, where I live will simply order me to “share,” and when I don’t they’ll come for everything.
Isn’t that why you’re supposed to keep your stash some where that’s not your public house?

Can’t someone like you afford a small cottage out of state?

Like you said, it depends on where you live - CA is a fucking wreck without equal protection under the law.

I understand you have family ties - but I think your fucking nuts for staying.

I think we’re going to get to the point where states start ignoring DC mandates in exchange for $$$, things will escalate quickly after that.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:18 pm

It’s a difficult future to predict? Prepping in places where everybody’s prepping certainly makes sense. I’m prepping in a place where nobody’s prepping. If not my government, at the very least, my neighbors will expect me to share.

There’s also the chance that I might live in one of the places that coasts along, not really affected, b/c of superior demographics & logistics? I’ll be monitoring the situation but so far there’s no on-the-scene data.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:56 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:18 pm

There’s also the chance that I might live in one of the places that coasts along, not really affected, b/c of superior demographics & logistics?
Near Portland? Same chances as being bitten by a shark in your pool.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0