1016 Shadow Revolt

User avatar
Martin Hash
Posts: 14875
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:02 pm

1016 Shadow Revolt

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:01 am

Don't propagate lies
What time is it? 1984
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change
Mr. Wysdom
Libertyist
Scimonoce
Nonpartisan
Prof. Education

User avatar
DrYouth
Posts: 4007
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:13 pm
Location: Canadastan

Re: 1016 Shadow Revolt

Post by DrYouth » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:34 am

Not bad...

But if you are pitching "no elites"....

Maybe dial down the "Wysest man alive" (which sounds elitist) and ditch or change the entrance and exit trumpet sound (which sound monarchical and elitist)...
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

User avatar
Martin Hash
Posts: 14875
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Re: 1016 Shadow Revolt

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:35 am

I know you were being humorous but I’ll answer it seriously:

When I use the word “Elites,” I mean authoritarians who want to force their values onto me. As the Wysest Myn in the Wyrld, I only offer my insightful observations & advice; it someone doesn’t wish to follow it, that’s on them.

Anecdotally, my family lives inside my “calm sphere,” within which we can rest against the chaos of the outside world. I don’t force anyone to stay but if they leave, whatever befalls them is not my problem.
Don't propagate lies
What time is it? 1984
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change
Mr. Wysdom
Libertyist
Scimonoce
Nonpartisan
Prof. Education

User avatar
DrYouth
Posts: 4007
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:13 pm
Location: Canadastan

Re: 1016 Shadow Revolt

Post by DrYouth » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:04 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:35 am
I know you were being humorous but I’ll answer it seriously:

When I use the word “Elites,” I mean authoritarians who want to force their values onto me. As the Wysest Myn in the Wyrld, I only offer my insightful observations & advice; it someone doesn’t wish to follow it, that’s on them.

Anecdotally, my family lives inside my “calm sphere,” within which we can rest against the chaos of the outside world. I don’t force anyone to stay but if they leave, whatever befalls them is not my problem.
Ok... I buy it.

You have created a relatively "calm sphere" here on the MHF, without authoritarianism, other than occasionally ousting Monte... although I was never around for that,. so I can't comment.... and even he seems to have made his way back after whatever penance for his (alleged) crimes.

But what's with the "y"s instead of vowels?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

User avatar
Martin Hash
Posts: 14875
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Re: 1016 Shadow Revolt

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:29 pm

A wink that I’m self-aware of the presumptuousness of the claim.
Don't propagate lies
What time is it? 1984
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change
Mr. Wysdom
Libertyist
Scimonoce
Nonpartisan
Prof. Education

User avatar
DBTrek
Posts: 12241
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:04 pm

Re: 1016 Shadow Revolt

Post by DBTrek » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:32 pm

"Liberty sanctions no elites"?

If it's making success-limiting sanctions, it might not be liberty.
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

User avatar
Martin Hash
Posts: 14875
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Re: 1016 Shadow Revolt

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:04 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:32 pm
"Liberty sanctions no elites"?

If it's making success-limiting sanctions, it might not be liberty.
/shrug
Your liberty ends where my liberty begins.
Don't propagate lies
What time is it? 1984
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change
Mr. Wysdom
Libertyist
Scimonoce
Nonpartisan
Prof. Education

User avatar
DBTrek
Posts: 12241
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:04 pm

Re: 1016 Shadow Revolt

Post by DBTrek » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:06 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:04 pm
DBTrek wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:32 pm
"Liberty sanctions no elites"?

If it's making success-limiting sanctions, it might not be liberty.
/shrug
Your liberty ends where my liberty begins.
If your liberty trumps my liberty, then you're the elite that your liberty was not supposed to sanction.
:think:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

User avatar
Martin Hash
Posts: 14875
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Re: 1016 Shadow Revolt

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:07 pm

:| h
DBTrek wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:06 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:04 pm
DBTrek wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:32 pm
"Liberty sanctions no elites"?

If it's making success-limiting sanctions, it might not be liberty.
/shrug
Your liberty ends where my liberty begins.
If your liberty trumps my liberty, then you're the elite that your liberty was not supposed to sanction.
:think:
Fascism conflicts with liberty.
Don't propagate lies
What time is it? 1984
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change
Mr. Wysdom
Libertyist
Scimonoce
Nonpartisan
Prof. Education

User avatar
DBTrek
Posts: 12241
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:04 pm

Re: 1016 Shadow Revolt

Post by DBTrek » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:09 pm

Calling everything fascism to silence debate and justify initiating violence is a Marxist strategy.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"