814 Is Healthcare a Right?

Martin Hash

814 Is Healthcare a Right?

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:18 am

Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheReal_ND

Re: 814 Is Healthcare a Right?

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:26 am

Not to get too autistic on you but rights are enumerated in the BOR not the Constitution. I only recently became cognizant of this after learning about how the Constitution was basically a runaway congressional putsch against the Articles of Confed and the BOR was only added as an afterthought because people at the time were pissed off at them.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:06 am

Several States would not ratify The Constitution without being assured that the BOR was coming, specifically the 2nd. Even then, it took 2 years before the BOR was added. Anybody who thinks The Constitution is not a "living" document doesn't know their history very well.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:10 am

Is the BOR part of the Constitution or a separate document? If it's technically part of the whole then I stand corrected. I'm kind of pissed that the Constitution was slammed through in secret in order to make sure international monied interests got their loans repayed. To me the Constitution by itself has very little to do with rights or what we consider to be great about America.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:12 am

Also I know these posts are off topic.

As to healthcare I agree it should be a right as it stands because the only people that aren't getting the healthcare they need at a reasonable price are the same people paying the bulk of taxes, working class White Americans.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:28 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:10 am
Is the BOR part of the Constitution or a separate document? If it's technically part of the whole then I stand corrected. I'm kind of pissed that the Constitution was slammed through in secret in order to make sure international monied interests got their loans repayed. To me the Constitution by itself has very little to do with rights or what we consider to be great about America.
The most important part of The Constitution is the Preamble because that's where liberty is established as America's foundation. When I was in school, we had to memorize the Preamble. I'm betting students don't have to do that anymore, and haven't for at least a generation. Without the Pledge every morning to indoctrinate patriotism, and Civics to learn liberty, and with egalitarianism replacing meritocracy, no wonder The Patriarchy lost so quickly to the female voting block.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:49 am

Nonetheless however well the preamble was written it garaunteed no rights afaik

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:07 am

“Rights” is a stretch. It’s called a Bill Of Rights, but mostly it’s prohibitions on government.