708 Marxism Went Underground

brewster

Re: 708 Marxism Went Underground

Post by brewster » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:14 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:50 pm
Did you just assume we think corporations have obligations other than their shareholders? Commie.
You are reinforcing the legitimacy of the notion of corporations as psychopaths, self interested right up to the point of criminality at best, often over that line, and definitely not part of the local or global community. THAT IS the 'evil patriarchal capitalism'. It's biggest flaw is short sightedness, not caring what happens after they cash out.

In the press this week was a big article about how fucked coal miners who were depending on pensions are, and how they will end up on the public tit, because the coal barons didn't fund their pensions and sold off "subsidiaries" saddled with the pensions that were designed to go bankrupt. I live in a city rife with toxic brownfields of chemicals dumped by 'Capitalists' who saw the best way to maximize profits was to poison the very earth. You can't eat the fucking fish in the river because GE thought it maximized profits to dump PCBs and Dioxin in the Hudson. This is what I meant by pulling down the house to roast your weenies, not caring what happens next as long as you get what you want right now.

I'm a capitalist in the most literal sense. I invested my capital in my rental properties. But I'm not a slumlord, who maximizes profits by minimizing maintenance and services till he's wrung all he can and walks away from a teardown. I restore and care for my properties, I'm just a caretaker, and maybe they'll last another 100 years.
Last edited by brewster on Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:16 pm

Corporations have no obligations to anyone else other than their shareholders. Corporations are not fucking charities. Staying in your lane is not evil, that is pragmatic. It is not the job of corporations to fix all the wrongs in the world first and serve their shareholder's second, that's retarded. Self-interest is the core of free market capitalism, calling that psychopathic is communist propaganda.

The corporations are not telling you how to live your life, and the one's that are, then fuck them, but you want to tell corporations how they live theirs, if anyone is being evil here, it's you brewster.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:22 pm

Tell me, which part of wanting to secure the planet as a safe place for future generations to live in has anything to do with "from those according to their ability, to those according to their need."
When it comes to clean air to breathe and safe water to drink, ability means nothing and all needs are equal.
Greta is opposing greed, not wealth. The sort of greed that cares nothing for the future other than chasing eternal growth to line the pockets of the ruling classes.
Mortgaging the future to bankroll the present.
Sucking on Mammons dick while stabbing Mother Earth in the back.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

brewster

Post by brewster » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:23 pm

StCapps wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:16 pm
Corporations have no obligations to anyone else other than their shareholders. Corporations are not fucking charities. That is not evil, that is pragmatic.
If corporations are people, then you're saying PEOPLE have no obligations to anyone else other than their THEMSELVES. Is that the world you want to live in? In the traditional village people who acted like that got their asses kicked. Every time we've done something to reduce mass misery like Social Security or Medicare people like you have called it Communism, but you try and get even Trump's core to vote for repealing them.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:24 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:22 pm
Tell me, which part of wanting to secure the planet as a safe place for future generations to live in has anything to do with "from those according to their ability, to those according to their need."
When it comes to clean air to breathe and safe water to drink, ability means nothing and all needs are equal.
Greta is opposing greed, not wealth. The sort of greed that cares nothing for the future other than chasing eternal growth to line the pockets of the ruling classes.
Greta is opposing capitalism, using environmentalism as cover. You're in denial.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:26 pm

brewster wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:23 pm
StCapps wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:16 pm
Corporations have no obligations to anyone else other than their shareholders. Corporations are not fucking charities. That is not evil, that is pragmatic.
If corporations are people, then you're saying PEOPLE have no obligations to anyone else other than their THEMSELVES. Is that the world you want to live in? In the traditional village people who acted like that got their asses kicked. Every time we've done something to reduce mass misery like Social Security or Medicare people like you have called it Communism, but you try and get even Trump's core to vote for repealing them.
If corporations want to take on other obligations, they are free to do so, same as anyone else. If they want to stay in their own lane, and let their shareholder's handle the charity, there is nothing wrong with that, in fact that will likely result in more charity than if the corporation runs the charity themselves using shareholder's money. Government does not need to force people to give to charity for charity to exist, you're fucking stupid if you think otherwise.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:37 pm

StCapps wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:24 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Greta is opposing capitalism, using environmentalism as cover. You're in denial.
Yeah right, the middle-class child with a comfortable life wants to tear down capitalism because she's a commie and climate change is a Chinese hoax.
Sure, I'm the one in denial.
Look around you Capps, we are already seeing climate change around the world. Record temperatures, unprecedented droughts, floods and storms.
All happening in a timescale never seen before. Oceans full of plastics, soils full of poisons, forests on fire and air unfit to breathe.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:42 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:37 pm
StCapps wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:24 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Yeah right, the middle-class child with a comfortable life wants to tear down capitalism because she's a commie
Like a typical commie, it's only other people who have to change their habits, while her carbon footprint is far higher than those who lives she wants to control because there are too many carbon emissions. She blames capitalism for the carbon emissions, so she wants to tear it down. You defending her just means you'll defend anyone who claims to be an environmentalist, no matter how counter-productive to the cause they are.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:54 pm

StCapps wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:42 pm
while her carbon footprint is far higher than those who lives she wants to control because there are too many carbon emissions.
Source?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:55 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:54 pm
StCapps wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:42 pm
while her carbon footprint is far higher than those who lives she wants to control because there are too many carbon emissions.
Source?
She travels around the world to give speeches dude. Most people don't do that, but it's everyone who doesn't who has to change their behavior, not her. Giant hypocrite is obvious.
*yip*