708 Marxism Went Underground

de officiis

Re: 708 Marxism Went Underground

Post by de officiis » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:51 pm

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:53 am

People just need to stop resorting to knee jerk comparison to Hitler of politicians they don't like. Regardless of their politics. If you are pretending someone like Trump is Hitler based on criteria that applies to all kinds of politicians, then every politician is Hitler, and that is just a preposterous assertion. Resorting to Godwin's Law is the kind of argument of someone reacting emotionally and not thinking things through.

Just because Hitler did something doesn't mean that everyone else who did something that is similar is Hitler or is acting like Hitler. A politician acting like a politician isn't being Hitler, just because Hitler acted like a politician too.
Edited December 31, 2019 by Yzermandius19
There is little difference. You calling Trump a fascist because you don't like him doesn't change that, some people call Cherry a fascist too. Trump does not hate the troops, he just hates John McCain. You not liking him doesn't mean he's hurting America
BUSTED
Lifted from Mapel Leaf Web political forum.
Guess who Yzermandius19 is...

Tell us again how Greta Thunberg is a Commie...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:37 pm

I cover my definition of "Marxism" in my podcasts, and I don't feel inclined to repeat myself to folks who don't listen to them, however I will do a quick summary. The fundamental tenet of Marxism is, "from those according to their ability, to those according to their need." Karl Marx offered some technical ideas on how to achieve that goal, and everyone gets hung up on those, like "Workers control the means of production," but Marx wasn't a philosopher, he relied on past philosophers, like Plato, a Marxist by my definition even though he lived 2500 years before Karl Marx, and the Bible:

Acts 2:44-45 All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need.
Acts 4:34-35 For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.
Exodus 16:16-18 This is what the Lord has commanded: ‘Everyone is to gather as much as they need." The one who gathered much did not have too much, and the one who gathered little did not have too little. Everyone had gathered just as much as they needed.

All Equalists are Marxists; that includes all the groups I listed in my podcast.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:12 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:53 am

People just need to stop resorting to knee jerk comparison to Hitler of politicians they don't like. Regardless of their politics. If you are pretending someone like Trump is Hitler based on criteria that applies to all kinds of politicians, then every politician is Hitler, and that is just a preposterous assertion. Resorting to Godwin's Law is the kind of argument of someone reacting emotionally and not thinking things through.

Just because Hitler did something doesn't mean that everyone else who did something that is similar is Hitler or is acting like Hitler. A politician acting like a politician isn't being Hitler, just because Hitler acted like a politician too.
Edited December 31, 2019 by Yzermandius19
There is little difference. You calling Trump a fascist because you don't like him doesn't change that, some people call Cherry a fascist too. Trump does not hate the troops, he just hates John McCain. You not liking him doesn't mean he's hurting America
BUSTED
Lifted from Mapel Leaf Web political forum.
Guess who Yzermandius19 is...

Tell us again how Greta Thunberg is a Commie...
Greta is a Commie, Trump isn't a Fascist. I already told you that Greta's environmentalism is about tearing down evil patriarchal capitalism, that's communism on the face of it. Greta is a fake environmentalist who uses the cause to try and tell everyone how they must live, or you're stealing her childhood from her, and you refuse to throw her under the bus because you're in denial about it, or you support it.
*yip*

brewster

Post by brewster » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:26 pm

StCapps wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:12 pm
Greta's environmentalism is about tearing down evil patriarchal capitalism, that's communism on the face of it.
That statement presupposes that the only kind of capitalism is the evil patriarchal kind. Unarguably that type is to be found in abundance, but there's other kinds you know, that take into account the climate and it's effects on the humans and other inhabitants of the planet. To her generation, people like you are tearing down the family home board by board to cook your weenies, so there will soon be no home. And you reply, "you want me to stop cooking weenies? You're a commie!"

I'll say again, this use of Marxist or commie for whatever you don't like is asinine, you can't even define it except as a threat to your "individualist right to do whatever the fuck I want".
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:27 pm

brewster wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:26 pm
StCapps wrote:
Greta's environmentalism is about tearing down evil patriarchal capitalism, that's communism on the face of it.
That statement presupposes that the only kind of capitalism is the evil patriarchal kind.
No it doesn't, it presupposes that Greta thinks that. I didn't say it, she did.

No one is tearing down her home, but she wants to use government to prevent people from tearing down theirs, because she's a commie, and her environmentalism is more about running your life according to her rules than it is about the environment, just like AOC.

Environmentalism is a cover for her Communism, and you are in denial about it, or you support it. Either way, it does not reflect well on you.
*yip*

brewster

Post by brewster » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:46 pm

StCapps wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:27 pm
brewster wrote:
StCapps wrote:
That statement presupposes that the only kind of capitalism is the evil patriarchal kind.
There has been a 50 year war on any other kind of capitalism, since Milton Friedman famously declared the only responsibility a corporation has is to it's shareholders, a notion noted Commie and GE CEO Jack Welch called “the dumbest idea in the world". A child might be forgiven for her conclusions.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:50 pm

Did you just assume we think corporations have obligations other than their shareholders? Commie.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:51 pm

brewster wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:46 pm
StCapps wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:27 pm
brewster wrote:

There has been a 50 year war on any other kind of capitalism, since Milton Friedman famously declared the only responsibility a corporation has is to it's shareholders, a notion noted Commie and GE CEO Jack Welch called “the dumbest idea in the world". A child might be forgiven for her conclusions.
If she grows out of it, I'll give her props. If she doesn't, I continue to call her the Commie that she is.

Milton Friedman is right, Jack Welch is a moron.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:51 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:50 pm
Did you just assume we think corporations have obligations other than their shareholders? Commie.
Closet Communists abound in this thread. Praising Greta Thunberg and shitting on Milton Friedman, lulz. Commies are so misguided, it's hilarious.
*yip*