547 What Are Taxes Really For?

Speaker to Animals

Re: 547 What Are Taxes Really For?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:45 pm

brewster wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:27 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:19 am
We have LOTS of civil engineering work going on all the time. Roadwork. Bridge repairs. Hell, we really need to bury every last power line in this country ASAP for national security. There are lots of things people can do. If they find themselves unable to pay when they are physically able to work, then they can do all sorts of good work that improves society and provides them with meaning and accomplishment.
But then you'll be trampling on some union or other that gets paid real money for that shit.
Where I live we have road projects delayed everywhere because the Trump economy is so good. There's plenty to do.

brewster

Post by brewster » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:24 pm

Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:45 pm
brewster wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:27 pm
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:19 am
We have LOTS of civil engineering work going on all the time. Roadwork. Bridge repairs. Hell, we really need to bury every last power line in this country ASAP for national security. There are lots of things people can do. If they find themselves unable to pay when they are physically able to work, then they can do all sorts of good work that improves society and provides them with meaning and accomplishment.
But then you'll be trampling on some union or other that gets paid real money for that shit.
Where I live we have road projects delayed everywhere because the Trump economy is so good. There's plenty to do.
Trade restraint orgs don't care how much there is to do. There's so much development here that electricians and plumbers are in short supply. That doesn't mean the guilds will increase membership.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:07 pm

brewster wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:20 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:54 am
Monopoly was developed to teach how Capitalism works.
But not in a good way. It was supposed to teach how rents concentrated wealth, a microcosm of how wealth creates wealth in the Picketty playbook. The story of the game itself is actually a great illustration of how creativity is often pirated and taken credit for by the most ruthless brillant "businessmen".

Said the creator:
“It is a practical demonstration of the present system of land-grabbing with all its usual outcomes and consequences,” she wrote in a political magazine. “It might well have been called the ‘Game of Life’, as it contains all the elements of success and failure in the real world, and the object is the same as the human race in general seem to have, ie, the accumulation of wealth.”
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... ng-origins
The "Picketty playbook" is the time-machine source code of Monopoly? Well done!

Indeed, the game of Monopoly is a true model of Western Civ and all of its greedy fail-designs.

I was kidding earlier, but IRL, you motherfuckers might do really well to back down off of the uncut meth of the game "Monopoly" and spend some time learning the hidden magic of the dice in "Yahtzee."

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:04 pm

Yahtzee is gay.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:36 am

I know, let's have a Monopoly tournament for control of the federal reserve!

:lol:

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:46 am

Playing Monopoly as a kid established my perception of Capitalism, then for many years, out of vanity, I thought my own actions played a larger role, but now as a wise old man, I know that Monopoly was a good teacher indeed.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:56 am

We should make Bill Belichick SecDef. SuburbanKulak said he's a master military tactician.

Now we just have to find the best Monopoly player in the land to micromanage the economy.

:goteam: :drunk:

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:26 am

Monopoly uses dice.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:45 am

That's why there are no dice in football or chess. Football and chess model warfare; nothing left to chance!

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:35 am

Fife wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:45 am
That's why there are no dice in football or chess. Football and chess model warfare; nothing left to chance!
"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson