392 America's Future

DBTrek

Re: 392 America's Future

Post by DBTrek » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:29 am

Well - maybe.

But as you say, if it is something that has never been seen before then there's no way for anyone to predict how it will play out.
Pas examples demonstrate that technological advancements have consistently benefited humanity.
If we're dealing with something no one has ever seen before - then no one can conclusively claim it's going to be endgame. We simply don't know how it will play out.

We do know, however, that humanity will be in control of the AI revolution. So it won't eradicate us without our permission.
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:30 am

Personally, rather than UBI, I am leaning more towards government projects into things that we want (or even need) but are not in any way profitable. Things like a space colonization program, a deep network of health services that can handle pandemics and research cures for diseases again, and so on.

We can use the greater product of our economic efficiency to fund programs to improve our lives and build a stronger and more resilient civilization. That creates jobs for everybody and provides them with incomes without the perverse incentives. It also allows us to mitigate those black swan events by targeting the high impact events that could wreck civilization ranked according to impact.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:41 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Personally, rather than UBI, I am leaning more towards government projects into things that we want (or even need) but are not in any way profitable. Things like a space colonization program....

This.....

Agriculture revolution freed hunter gathers up to specialize.....automation frees us up now to colonize....

Thanks STA - my world outlook just got a little less pessimistic.