384 Socialized Liability

Martin Hash

Re: 384 Socialized Liability

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:38 pm

Liability is a responsibility issue. Flood insurance is already No Fault because it's Act Of God shit. No liability means if someone else hits you with their car, it doesn't matter, your insurance covers you and their insurance covers them. No lawsuits, no Civil Court. The only lawyers will be Criminal lawyers determining whether your law breaking, if there was such, demanded you be charged.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:02 pm

brewster wrote:we don't do so well prosecuting big corporations, they have deeper pockets and can outgun any government legal team.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop it man, you're slaying me.

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:05 pm

Fife wrote:
brewster wrote:we don't do so well prosecuting big corporations, they have deeper pockets and can outgun any government legal team.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop it man, you're slaying me.
Uhhh, you disagree with that or are amused at having the obvious pointed out?
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:06 pm

Listened again to try to get a better understanding of what you’ve laid out. Here’s something I can’t reconcile:

Point 1 - Government runs a social liability program so those injured by people with no assets still get a payout (from the rest of us that had nothing to do with their incident)

Point 2 - If an inidividual acts in a way that potentially harms others they’re fined, and pay into the liability pool. But wait, point 1 said we’re addressing a need for people injured by those with no assets to be compensated. Those with no assets aren’t paying your liability pool fines anymore than they’re paying court ordered restitution’s to the people they injure. So once again, it’s folks not involved in these incidents, who own assets, footing the bill.

:think:

Plus I suppose everybody is dropping liability insurance off their cars, property, and businesses after this happens because they government has it all covered, right? We can just chuck those wet floor signs into the dump, because who cares if you slip or not? Cha-Ching!!!

Is that the idea?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:09 pm

He said it would be a pool funded by people engaging in risky behavior or people already found negligent in some accident.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:11 pm

What's the Cha-ching? You mean, I lost my leg but gov'mint gave me a metal pole to walk on?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:13 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:He said it would be a pool funded by people engaging in risky behavior or people already found negligent in some accident.
Well . . . that's a little better. It assumes we'll have people paying more in "risky" fines than injured folks withdrawing from the pool to remain solvent though. And if it's not solvent, and the government is ultimately responsible for the payouts, we all know what happens next.

Plus this whole "risky fine" business sounds suspect.
Your dog slipped the leash. Sounds dangerous.
You didn't look both ways before crossing the street. Sounds dangerous.
That rock in your yard can't be seen because the grass is too tall. Sounds dangerous.
Etc.
Last edited by DBTrek on Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:14 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:He said it would be a pool funded by people engaging in risky behavior or people already found negligent in some accident.
Well . . . that's a little better. It assumes we'll have people paying more in "risky" fines than injured folks withdrawing from the pool to remain solvent though. And if it's not solvent, and the government is ultimately responsible for the payouts, we all know what happens next.

That's how insurance works. If you want to operate a chemical factory, your premium into the insurance pool is going to be higher. If you run a greeting card shop in the mall, not so much.

The better part of the scheme is that, if an accident happens, you are covered except for some punitive fines if you are found negligent. If somebody slips and falls in your greeting card shop, they just take it out of the pool and you are not to blame for people being fat and clumsy. The way things are now, if somebody slips in falls in Moore Furniture, the Moore brothers get dinged with their property insurance and could possibly be sued for damages because the carpet length was too high for obeasts to walk without falling.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:16 pm

I can't understand it for you all; I certainly can't read it to you as a bedtime story, unless you invite me over. I can post simple introductory wiki links, but I'm not sure what else I can do, given my limited time and very limited amount of GAF.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowding_out_(economics)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_hazard

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:17 pm

And if we ever did go to a single-payer insurance system, it would be really easy to deal with this shit through that as an additional insurance pool that covers this type of shit.