378 Stocks

Martin Hash

378 Stocks

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:04 am

Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

MilSpecs

Re: 378 Stocks

Post by MilSpecs » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:29 am

Interesting. Isn’t stock ownership also sometimes a gamble on an idea? So many times we look back and think “I wish I had invested in that person’s idea” (which we either didn’t know about because we weren’t paying attention or just didn’t take action).

It seems like every time I lost money in the market, it was due to greed rather than an inherent flaw in the investment concept. I never said “I wish I hadn’t gotten in” but l wish I had gotten out sooner. Thoughts?
:royalty-queen:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:42 am

You need clear entry and exit points. When it reaches your exit point, you have to exit. Greed is why you hang on because you want more, even though you rationally know the technicals don't necessarily support it, and your risk is going up.

To trade correctly, everything has to be rational, with a plan, and you have to stick to the plan. Greed and fear are your enemies.

To establish entry and exit points, you have to understand the basics of technical analysis. Once you decide on a particular trading strategy, look for those entry points, establish the exits, and go. If you made a bad call, you hit the early exit points. Don't sit on it thinking it will just go up later. Cut your losses and move on.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:59 am

Where is your entry and exit point? How did you come to those points? And how did you learn technical analysis?
:royalty-queen:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:41 am

MilSpecs wrote:Where is your entry and exit point? How did you come to those points? And how did you learn technical analysis?

From traders and books. As I said in another thread, I briefly worked in the finance industry. Not a fun experience. I did learn from watching traders and seeing the code of the tools they use.

Swing trading is probably the safest for most people with other jobs, but you still need some capital you are willing to risk. Pick up some books on technical analysis and swing trading, but spend maybe a year just learning and using a practice account somewhere.

Spreads are easiest to trade, I think, but you will want to specialize in a specific sector or some kind of specialization. Just realize that, at a trading window shorter than three days, which is swing trading, it becomes really difficult to get ahead because of your slower access to the market, lower information, and lack of comprehensive research. Trading firms act faster than most people realize, and they generally know what happens long before you will find out.

Fundamentals (investing) is mostly for suckers since All the data businesses report is cooked, the government reports are cooked, the monetary system is rigged on behalf of Wall Street and bankers, etc. It's basically like investing in baseball cards because of that stats on the card rather than the actual supply and demand for the card on the market.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:43 am

As far as actual entry and exit points, the way I did it years ago was predicated on s/r lines and candlestick chart patterns, mainly.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:44 am

As far as investments.. I did own Apple going back to 2004. But the ex liquidated that and burned it in a bonfire of malice and vanity before we became millionaires. Kind of glad it's gone, since I'd rather neither of us get a dime than her get millions.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:02 pm

Stay out of the Stock Market. Buy a house, pay it off early. Go on cheap vacations that leave memories no one can take from you. Buy clothes for your grandkids.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:21 pm

Don't get married if you are a man. Have children using surrogate mothers and eggs you purchase from reputable sources. Honestly, for most men, the biggest risk is the woman blowing up their lives.

If you are a woman, you already know how to maximize your returns through hypergamy and gaming family law to your advantage.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:25 pm

PE ratio is not ‘how long it would take to pay off’, bubba. You’re thinking of Yield.

PE multiple is how many times the annual profits the company is being valued at.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0