Martin Hash

243 Why Inflation?

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:39 pm

243 Why Inflation pic.JPG
Intro Video

And here's the podcast:

Travel Tidbit:
243-1 Water Tunnel pic.JPG
Water Tunnel Intro Video and here's the story: Aquaria (Kuala Lumpur) Travel Tidbit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Re: 243 Why Inflation?

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:06 am

This would make a lot more sense regarding an economy that is a net exporter, like China. Doesn’t work so well for an extreme importer, like the US.

I’d also like to know how a retired person is earning anything in an inflationary environment. If they’re on a defined benefit, they’re losing income with inflation. Social security checks won’t get bigger, even if CPI were anywhere near reality.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:06 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:This would make a lot more sense regarding an economy that is a net exporter, like China. Doesn’t work so well for an extreme importer, like the US.

I’d also like to know how a retired person is earning anything in an inflationary environment. If they’re on a defined benefit, they’re losing income with inflation. Social security checks won’t get bigger, even if CPI were anywhere near reality.
Yes, SS is indexed.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:08 am

Martin Hash wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:This would make a lot more sense regarding an economy that is a net exporter, like China. Doesn’t work so well for an extreme importer, like the US.

Yes, SS is indexed.
It works as long as you don't eat or drive, I guess :lol:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0