Requirements to be a Good Soldier

Smitty-48

Re: Requirements to be a Good Soldier

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:02 pm

Martin Hash wrote:It’s almost impossible to do anything, so rather than fail, people declare that personal accomplishments have no value and it’s all about the collective. I just keep doing things.
Those personal accomplishments can only happen within the walls of the burg, the military job is to stand on the wall so that can happen, I wouldn't apply military ethos is all situations, but if you apply civilian ethos to the military, you get your asses handed to you on the battlefield outside the walls.

The military is a meritocracy, but if the mission fails, there is no merit, if soldiers were self absorbed preening narcissists, that would just get them and everybody around them killed, captured, and overrun.

You can go around telling everybody how rich you are and how many degrees you have, but in America, as soon as the 75th Ranger walks into the room, nobody is paying attention to you, because he's the alpha, and you're not.

He doesn't have to sing his own praises, he doesn't have to explain to Americans what 75th Ranger means, they already know, the alpha doesn't have to explain how he is the alpha, if he had to do that, he's the beta by default.

Being the alpha is about what you do for the tribe, not what you do for yourself.
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:16 pm

Barracks stories
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:50 pm

C-Mag wrote:Barracks stories

I kept it ethical and stuck it out with my barracks wife.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:52 pm

The chain of command never really bothered us in the barracks much, they pretty much left well enough alone.

As for chicks in the barracks, there was definitely some of that, but we were actually pretty conservative, there wouldn't have been any naked whores tolerated, we actually kept things relatively under control, just amongst ourselves, without the chain of command getting involved.

If somebody started bringing whores back to the barracks and letting them run around naked, we would have cracked down on that, keep your shit behind closed doors, it's not a fuckin' whorehouse.

When it came to partying in the barracks, you had to pick your spots, most of the time, we actually wanted peace and quiet and things kept neat and tidy, and woe be to those who caused a ruckus or made a mess.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:58 pm

LOL

USAF in the 90s..

You had your own barracks room to yourself. You could keep a naked whore in their all day and nobody gave a shit.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:02 pm

The chicks we brought back to barracks were just townie girls, they weren't whores, they were good girls, there are no whores in Petawawa, it's actually a very socially conservative town.

In West Germany, there was a red light district, so if you wanted a whore, you knew where to go.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:03 pm

If they are in the barracks putting out.. a spade is a spade, dude.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:10 pm

Nah, it was almost all steady girlfriends, a girl in Petawawa won't even come back to the barracks with you, if she thinks all you want is the putty, you don't have to put a ring on it, but you pretty much had to be dating her steady for awhile before you could get her to put out, Petawawa is a very small town, it's tight knit, everybody knows everybody, so they don't actually put out until it is known that they are your steady, if you wanted an easy lay, you had to go further afield.
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:14 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
C-Mag wrote:Barracks stories

I kept it ethical and stuck it out with my barracks wife.

The short timer buffing the floor with Hemp Oil was hilarious.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:15 pm

It's like, my girlfriend, her father was a Sergeant-Major, she didn't put out until I was approved by her parents and pretty much hanging out with them like a member of the family, and when she did put out finally, it was in her bed, at her house, not at the barracks.

It wasn't actually easy to pick up in Petawawa, the girls there looked down their noses at us, called us "Pongoes", so you had to prove yourself as not being a Pongoe, before they would have anything to do with you.

There was only two times my girlfriend ever put out in the barracks, once when I was on duty over Christmas, and the entire battalion was on leave and so the barracks were empty, and one time when I was on confinement, and she snuck in, special occasion, because I couldn't come and see her.

There wasn't much whoring going on tho, two guys to a room, eight rooms in a block, most girls ain't gonna put out with all those other guys around, much better to go to her place for that, and even if you were getting some, you didn't flaunt it, certainly no girl was ever running around the halls naked nor anything like that.

In Petawawa, they play hockey go to church and listen to country music, you gotta get with the small town vibe, it's not conducive to being a playuh. Once you hooked up with a qt, best to keep that steady, cause there wasn't an endless supply of them by any means.
Nec Aspera Terrent