New Republican Strategy?

Martin Hash

New Republican Strategy?

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:59 am

republica-party-elephant-md.png
Time will "fix" the Republican Party but if they would like to start regaining ground against the Democrats now, I have some platform suggestions that would attract the Moderates:
1. No public-employee unions. Reduce public employees with a hiring freeze. Put public employee functions out to bid.
2. Become the party of fiscal responsibility but comparing economics to home budgets is ignorance, and trying to control spending by reducing taxes is a fool's game.
3. Tort reform: no contingency-financed litigation, and liability caps.
4. When someone is on unemployment, they must work for the State until they get a new job.
5. Build a fence to stop illegal immigration but make peace with those who are here now.
6. And, the most difficult of all, internalize the social issue debates, i.e. “It’s between the woman, her family, and her Maker.” “We accept that people’s liberty comes first but we do not condone gay marriage.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Jason Simonds

Re: New Republican Strategy?

Post by Jason Simonds » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:04 pm

Does this mean they have to drop their "core" views of trickle down economics and distance themselves from their dated fundamentalist religious views?

As old rich white men become less of the majority and more modern religious views become the norm it's going to be harder and harder for a party stuck on these values to be in power again.

I just looked at the 2008 and 2012 map they look almost the same. Mitt lost 800,000 votes from what McCain had 4 years go. The only reason it was closer this year is it looks like 7 million less people voted this year then 4 years ago.

And I do not know if fox 'news' is a good place to base my assumptions on but Republicans party seems to be blaming the one black panther opening doors at a PA polling office and the one office where a polling official was wearing a Obama hat and there was a Obama sign hanging.

Haven

Post by Haven » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:27 pm

1) So another hiring freeze? They just ended a 15 1/2 month one last June:
http://www.dop.wa.gov/HIRINGFREEZE/Page ... ncies.aspx
(or is the issue with the exemptions?)

What exactly do you want to be bid on? Most engineering and construction projects already are. I constantly see scary stuff about private prisons with misaligned incentives who presumably get paid by headcount. If it gets to advocating for private police then you're not attracting moderates, you're driving them away.

2) Indeed if they actually were what they purported to be that'd be quite a good start. The last decade has simply reiterated how compromisable such fiscal responsibility can be as long as it's the R's doing the spending (wars, tax cuts, Medicaid Part D).

3) Don't they already advocate for that?

4) Do they get paid? If so how much and how do you reconcile this with point 1?

5) If they're going to advocate anything that's the only non-crazy thing, but given that so many of them are against it perhaps they're better off just not advocating anything specific? (with unity, each rep plays to their constituency of course).

6) This is a big one. Though they seem dead set on waging a decades long nationwide war in this regard. This is a (the?) major pillar of what Republicans of today actually stand for far as I can tell.

Haven

Post by Haven » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:54 pm

Jason Simonds wrote:Does this mean they have to drop their "core" views of trickle down economics and distance themselves from their dated fundamentalist religious views?
That would go quite a ways.
Jason Simonds wrote: 2012

And I do not know if fox 'news' is a good place to base my assumptions on but Republicans party seems to be blaming the one black panther opening doors at a PA polling office and the one office where a polling official was wearing a Obama hat and there was a Obama sign hanging.
Funny that, as every state he won, he also won in 2008. Interestingly, it appears as if every single state that Obama won in 2012, he won with a smaller percentage than in 2008. Except New York and New Jersey. I guess the government handling of Sandy wasn't quite the unmitigated disastrous disgrace I kept hearing about.

Jason Simonds

Post by Jason Simonds » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:43 pm

There was just a good interview with New Jersey Governor Christopher J. Christie(R) on the Daily Show Where he could not even pick apart President Obama handling of hurricane sandy to much.

But if you look at fox news the government is not doing anything to help and President Obama is a racist. And once again I'm not sure fox news is the best place to look for Republican opinions but they really seem to be the most vocal and widespread. From at least what I can see.
http://www.foxnews.com/topics/weather/h ... -sandy.htm