Ideological Precedence

StCapps

Re: Ideological Precedence

Post by StCapps » Fri May 03, 2019 5:55 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 5:51 pm
It took thousands of years of Europeans in a pressure cooker to come up with free speech and the right to bear arms. You won't find that in any other country. None.
*yip*

The most individualist culture on the planet is "coincidentally" the one to make free speech and the right to bear arms a deeply ingrained part of their culture, even making it a constitutionally protected right to protect individuals from a collective that seeks to take their rights.

Very strange, queer if you will, wonder how that happened? Why didn't it happen in all those cultures who thought that individualism is gay?
:think:
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 03, 2019 6:04 pm

The problem with "individualism" in the context of the Enlightenment is that it amounts to nothing more than a revolt against everything. The Marxists revolting against even truth and reality on campuses are merely taking the Enlightenment to its final end while liberals like Jordan Peterson desperately try to keep the degeneracy at their preferred level. It's like drug addicts at different stages of the disease arguing over how much shit they should put in their bodies.

There is no individual without the collective. These are not two opposing concepts at the ends of some fictional spectrum. The individual emerges from the collective. Without the collective, you are just an animal in wilderness with no language, no culture, and no good life whatsoever.

I have no problem with the individual. I have a problem with what liberals call "individualism". They mean that in the sense that people should be free to pursue moral and social degeneracy even if it burns our entire civilization to the ground.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 03, 2019 6:07 pm

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

100% Individualism is obviously not desirable.

Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 03, 2019 6:09 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:04 pm
I have no problem with the individual. I have a problem with what liberals call "individualism". They mean that in the sense that people should be free to pursue moral and social degeneracy even if it burns our entire civilization to the ground.
Moral and social degeneracy ain't going burn the entire civilization to the ground. Individualism is not anarchy, stop pretending it is. Anarchists are fringe extremists, they are not the majority of people promoting individualism.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri May 03, 2019 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 03, 2019 6:12 pm

It's not some spectrum with individual on one end and collectivism on the other end.

There is the collective and from that emerges the individual. It's more like a pyramid with the individual at the top, his family the next level below, his community below that, then his region, nation, race/ethnic group, and lastly humanity. That's the proper hierarchy of things.

What deluded neoliberals believe is that there is just the individual above all, meaning the individual is more important than the family, the community, etc. But the individual does not exist without those things. To that end, they pursue moral degeneracy that destroys the family, destroys the community, destroys the nation, and even possibly could destroy the species (I hear green liberals all the time signaling about how they think our species needs to be extinct). Eventually the individual himself is deprived of everything he needs to live as such. The community dies. He can be murdered by foreign colonizers like so many Americans have been due to open borders. His nation disintegrates.

Individualism as an ideology is moral poison that destroys everything it infects. It's what is destroying our civilization right now.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Fri May 03, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 03, 2019 6:15 pm

Millerist Fake Reform isn't going to save civilization, the war on drugs is a failure that exacerbates the drug problem, counter-productive as all get out. Do Gooderism is "destroying" civilization, not Individualism. Using morality to prop up counter-productive methods, just to "do something" for the sake of "doing something", is the problem. America ain't France dude.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 03, 2019 6:17 pm

You can't understand basic concepts, so I am not writing that for your sake. I don't expect you to understand much, so don't feel like I am entertaining your substandard intellect.

Just post whatever and carry on. I really don't like you and I don't like that you think you are on anybody else's level here. It's truly embarrassing when you post. I am embarrassed for you and embarrassed that you are associated with us.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 03, 2019 6:20 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:17 pm
You can't understand basic concepts, so I am not writing that for your sake. I don't expect you to understand much, so don't feel like I am entertaining your substandard intellect.
I understand you individual can't exist without the collective spiel, but it does not follow that therefore individualism is a scourge on civilization. Too much individualism is bad thing, the people who promote individualism at the expense of everything are not as big of threat to civilization as Do Gooders like you who think moral panics will save civilization.

It will be ZOMG Moral Doomsday, if the government doesn't intervene to curtail your pet peeves, what a shitty attitude, grow up.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri May 03, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri May 03, 2019 6:22 pm

As long as I am the king, I don’t mind everyone taking orders from me. I’m certainly the most qualified person to tell everyone else what to do, BUT if I’m not king then fuck the Collective because I can make better decisions than any group stacked against me. Liberty works best; everybody is their own fucking expert.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 03, 2019 6:23 pm

Too much collectivism is a bad thing. Too much individualism is a bad thing. The sweet spot isn't in either extreme, though it does lean towards liberty.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri May 03, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*