Neuropeptides and Incentive

TheReal_ND

Re: Neurotransmitters and Incentive

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:24 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:21 pm
Dude, your impression of Jordan Peterson is irrelevant, and my identification of which neurotransmitter controls which incentive came from medical school.
It is possible as you say that my individual impression is irrelevant. I would argue it is not because of the fact that if individual impressions were meaningless we would have a well run society programmed to run exactly as planned. I do not find this society to be self evident of that.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:28 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:24 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:21 pm
Dude, your impression of Jordan Peterson is irrelevant, and my identification of which neurotransmitter controls which incentive came from medical school.
It is possible as you say that my individual impression is irrelevant. I would argue it is not because of the fact that if individual impressions were meaningless we would have a well run society programmed to run exactly as planned. I do not find this society to be self evident of that.
Score ND. Example: I got 1% of the vote.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:35 pm

I think it's hard to just "do your own thing" and be elected to anything greater than dog catcher in a democracy. Democracy is a great tool for societal control but if you expect it to cause some kind of consensus shift, that's kind of the opposite of how it's intended.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:23 pm

As I’ve said before, the problem is the voters not the candidates.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:55 pm

Fact. Though I think as sapient creatures, there is a bit of a feedback loop between reason and getting appropriate chemical reactions.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:37 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:55 pm
Fact. Though I think as sapient creatures, there is a bit of a feedback loop between reason and getting appropriate chemical reactions.
Because you have more foresight than a dog, your longterm goals can modulate your instant gratification SOMEWHAT; still every instant of your life is chemical feedback that you’ve got to constantly override with intellect.

A dog will lick its balls anytime it wants.