Neuropeptides and Incentive

Martin Hash

Neuropeptides and Incentive

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:19 pm

Humans are animals and animals require these incentives:
1) They get serotonin soothing from doing it.
2) They get a dopamine high from altruism or obligation.
3) They get adrenalin pressure from a threat to their person or something they cherish.
4) They get a base urge of violence, ambition or lust from testosterone.
5) Oxytocin is known as the female “love drug" because it causes mate & offspring bonding, and the desire for touching. Oxytocin also causes altruism in women with men less so. Men protect women affiliate.
6) Vasopressin
7) Endorphins
8) Brain Derived Neurotropic Factor (BDNF)
9) Epinephrine (adrenaline)
10) Norepinephrine is produced when burning fat and causes the euphoric feeling during exercise.
11) MCH creates pheromones that women can smell and is the reason opposites attract. (Increasing immunity.)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Re: Neurotransmitters and Incentive

Post by Fife » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:52 pm

You mean egoism instead of altruism, though, right?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:54 pm

Fife wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:52 pm
You mean egoism instead of altruism, though, right?
What's ego? That sounds like Freudian BS. Men want status so they can fuck the cute chicks - 'nuf said.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:04 pm

"Hedonism" then if you please.

Definitely not the made up term "altruism," implying doing something good for "society" at the command of some preacher or politician. That sounds like John Stuart Mill / Comte BS. Men don't do *that* to get their dopamine and their pussy on.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:04 pm

This is an old concept going back to the end of wwii. It is the belief that the human mind works, at least on some level, the same as a mechanical circuit. It was believed that it would be quite simple to turn humans into goal seeking machines the same as one or zero dictates a circuit. To a large extant they were very correct. There is no real telling how correct they were but it is true that this is one of our most ancient beliefs and possibly a bit of secret knowledge passed down through the ages amongst the initiated. I have my doubts.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:10 pm

MK Ultra
Obamaphones

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:15 pm

You'll have to argue with Jordan Peterson about altruism, that's where I got it. Of course, he's one of the most respected Clincal Psychologists in the world; in fact, the term "Clinical Pyschologist" came about partly because of his evidence-based studies on the nature of human motivation.

The idea the men make decisions like animals goes back to Hume, which is why I use a picture of him on my Economics FB page.

Wiki: "Hume strove to create a total naturalistic science of man that examined the psychological basis of human nature. Against philosophical rationalists, Hume held that passion rather than reason governs human behaviour."

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:15 pm

Not in the same league. I used to think it was a half cocked attempt at brainwashing during the cold war that never went anywhere. It may be that. But the interest in learning how to program society is very real and I doubt they have given up on that. Yeah, I guess the Obama phone theory has merit but it is very surface level. Just giving poor people phones isn't as big an accomplishment as learning how to program an entire society. Nobody really needed "black Twitter," to become woke or otherwise. It's inconsequential imho.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:18 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:15 pm
The idea the men make decisions like animals goes back to Hume, which is why I use a picture of him on my Economics FB page.

You'll have to argue with Jordan Peterson about altruism, that's where I got it. Of course, he's one of the most respected Clincal Psychologists in the world; in fact, the term "Clinical Pyschologist" came about partly because of his evidence-based studies on nature of human motivation.
I don't respect Jordan Peterson at all. I actually strongly dislike him now despite my initial impression of him. He is not speaking truth to power he is a huckster. I was simply trying to point out that the idea of capturing the neurotransmitters of the brain and hijacking them like an electric circuit is very old.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:21 pm

Dude, your impression of Jordan Peterson is irrelevant, and my identification of which neurotransmitter controls which incentive came from medical school.