Lobbyist Solutions

C-Mag

Re: Lobbyist Solutions

Post by C-Mag » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:59 pm

None of this is the Private Sectors Primary Responsibility. It's the Federal Governments Responsibility to run a tight ship and not let politicians be influenced.

Why do automatically give career politicians a pass that they can't help themselves but to be bought off, while we hold private industry to a higher standard not to do anything illegal ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:00 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:59 pm
None of this is the Private Sectors Primary Responsibility. It's the Federal Governments Responsibility to run a tight ship and not let politicians be influenced.

Why do automatically give career politicians a pass that they can't help themselves but to be bought off, while we hold private industry to a higher standard not to do anything illegal ?
Why can't I get elected even though I'm the most qualified candidate ever? A business would hire me but a constituency won't. Those dishonest & unethical politicians were elected because they ARE dishonest & unethical. You think Maxine Waters could get a real job?

p.s. We wouldn't need to prevent lobbying if people like me were elected. You think some lobbyist could bribe or dominate me?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

HarryK

Post by HarryK » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:12 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:00 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:59 pm

Why can't I get elected even though I'm the most qualified candidate ever? A business would hire me but a constituency won't. Those dishonest & unethical politicians were elected because they ARE dishonest & unethical. You think Maxine Waters could get a real job?

p.s. We wouldn't need to prevent lobbying if people like me were elected. You think some lobbyist could bribe or dominate me?
Easy to say, hard to prove.
One only wonders how much time has been wasted being the “armchair quarterbacks” of the world. Only to know deep down inside we don’t have the stones to actually make it happen.
HarryK

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:12 pm

???

Dude, look around, you're in my forum.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:14 pm

Any of you fucks think you could do what I did if you just had the time/inclination/money/luck - get the hell out.

HarryK

Post by HarryK » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:21 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:12 pm
???

Dude, look around, you're in my forum.
I know where I am. But Roman History tells me it’s those that go about things quietly get things done.

Your thoughts on how America should be is vastly different than mine. There are plenty of things you are vastly more intelligent than me.

However being a civil servant for the VA for 12 years (in which I’m flying on my own dime to officially resign and become a private citizen again) it’s that type of bombastic attitude that make our collective eyes roll.

The FBI loves me as a collaborator but I’ll never have a shot of working for them. The union that allegedly is there to look out for me is handcuffed by idiotic policy made by the republicans for the last 9 years.

Not questioning your street cred on whit. But keep in mind it was Jared Kushner that was to elevate us from Windows 7 and make all the other medical programs into the 21st century.

My apologies for being skeptical. It’s been my nature for a very long time. That’s all.
One only wonders how much time has been wasted being the “armchair quarterbacks” of the world. Only to know deep down inside we don’t have the stones to actually make it happen.
HarryK

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:24 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:58 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:54 pm
Why is there a fundamental difference between petitioning yourself or paying someone else to petition on your behalf?

Why would we recognize an individual's right to pay someone to carry out any other function on their behalf, (financial management, healthcare planning, etc), but not in this regard?
What do those things have in common? (They are not public functions.) Your lawyer representing you in court or at the hospital does not affect all the other plaintiffs or patients.
"Public functions" is a fictional term of art. As in, not part of IRL.

Therefore, nothing is a "public function."

HarryK

Post by HarryK » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:27 pm

BTW Martin before you ban me for life. Free speech comes in two components. You certainly have to speak your mind however I have the right of rebuttal. And vise versa.

I can weave in an out as I please and so can you. So if you’re disappointed with me it’s ok I’ll still sleep well at night.
HarryK

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:29 pm

HarryK wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:27 pm
BTW Martin before you ban me for life. Free speech comes in two components. You certainly have to speak your mind however I have the right of rebuttal. And vise versa.

I can weave in an out as I please and so can you. So if you’re disappointed with me it’s ok I’ll still sleep well at night.
I thought your rebuttal was terrific. You don't have to agree with me you only need to respect me... You do.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:31 pm

Fife wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:24 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:58 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:54 pm
Why is there a fundamental difference between petitioning yourself or paying someone else to petition on your behalf?

Why would we recognize an individual's right to pay someone to carry out any other function on their behalf, (financial management, healthcare planning, etc), but not in this regard?
What do those things have in common? (They are not public functions.) Your lawyer representing you in court or at the hospital does not affect all the other plaintiffs or patients.
"Public functions" is a fictional term of art. As in, not part of IRL.

Therefore, nothing is a "public function."
???
My lawyer, looking out for my best interests, does not make it so that everyone else is also serving my best interests. That's what "public" means.