Lobbyist Solutions

Fife

Re: Lobbyist Solutions

Post by Fife » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:01 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:44 am
So, you wanting your children to succeed has a profit motive? How about the charity you perform, where's the profit in that? In fact, you're not going to be alive when the consequences of many of your actions come due, why would you ever be conscientious? Bain Capital had no intention of saving Office Depot, but they make a lot of profit saying they were.
Conflating teaching your children how to succeed with Bain Capital rent-seeking is making my head hurt.

Dude, all I'm saying is that without some income (profit) we can't eat for very long. If we aren't eating, we aren't going to be teaching our kids much of anything.

I'm in favor of private property, and a good old-fashioned Lochner-style right to earn an honest living free and independent from the state's violence (either for or against me). Does that make me the Monopoly man or something?

Human history demonstrates that once free and voluntary commerce gets us beyond starvation and war, we see fantastic increases in human progress, charity, and development.

I was led to believe in the 1970s that the 21st century was going to see me as moon colonist. Instead, the "anti-profit" state has given me front-holer hat parades, cops encouraging antifa fag violence, and Bain Capital vultures using "ITS LEGALLLL" methods to get rich at everyone else's expense.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:03 am

Like I said, not mutually-exclusive goals.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:43 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:48 am
Second, forbid lobbyists of any kind.
Square this.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:10 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:32 am
"Businesses are supposed to be subordinated to society, not the other way around." - me
What matters is to emphasize the fundamental idea in my party's economic program clearly; the idea of authority. I want the authority; I want everyone to keep the property he has acquired for himself according to the principle: ‍'‍Benefit to the community precedes benefit to the individual.‍'‍ But the state should retain supervision and each property owner should consider himself appointed by the state. It is his duty not to use his property against the interests of others among his own people. This is the crucial matter. The Third Reich will always retain its right to control the owners of property.
I figure reducing the authority of the government, and in doing so, the danger posed by ill influence on said government, is probably a better route to follow.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

HarryK

Post by HarryK » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:14 pm

Lobbyists and Lobbying will always exist in one form or another.

But it doesn’t mean that the common folk can’t use it as well. You just gotta understand what tools in the toolbox you can leverage against said politicians.

If forming a political pac takes a two page document then forming a lobbying group can’t be anymore difficult either.
One only wonders how much time has been wasted being the “armchair quarterbacks” of the world. Only to know deep down inside we don’t have the stones to actually make it happen.
HarryK

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:21 pm

HarryK wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:14 pm
Lobbyists and Lobbying will always exist in one form or another.

But it doesn’t mean that the common folk can’t use it as well. You just gotta understand what tools in the toolbox you can leverage against said politicians.

If forming a political pac takes a two page document then forming a lobbying group can’t be anymore difficult either.
I see no way that this,
Martin Hash wrote:
can be squared with this,
and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

HarryK

Post by HarryK » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:33 pm

Money equals free speech. No different that using cellphones and email having less protections than landlines and the postal service.

Nothing has changed and yet we give away our protections every single day.
One only wonders how much time has been wasted being the “armchair quarterbacks” of the world. Only to know deep down inside we don’t have the stones to actually make it happen.
HarryK

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:49 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:21 pm
I see no way that this,
Martin Hash wrote:
Citizens don't have to register as lobbyists? "Lobbyist" has a recognized legal definition.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:54 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:49 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:21 pm
I see no way that this,
Martin Hash wrote:
Citizens don't have to register as lobbyists? "Lobby" has a recognized legal definition.
Why is there a fundamental difference between petitioning yourself or paying someone else to petition on your behalf?

Why would we recognize an individual's right to pay someone to carry out any other function on their behalf, (financial management, healthcare planning, etc), but not in this regard?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:58 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:54 pm
Why is there a fundamental difference between petitioning yourself or paying someone else to petition on your behalf?

Why would we recognize an individual's right to pay someone to carry out any other function on their behalf, (financial management, healthcare planning, etc), but not in this regard?
What do those things have in common? (They are not public functions.) Your lawyer representing you in court or at the hospital does not affect all the other plaintiffs or patients.