Want Cheaper Healthcare?

Fife

Re: Want Cheaper Healthcare?

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:56 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Nailed it. The amount of money getting bilked out of consumers with this fake medicine vastly outweighs malpractice of the accidental nature.
I suppose I could ask some question that would rustle your jimmies, like "Who is allowing the 'bilking' in the first place" but that would just piss you off.

Instead I'll just ask how the "amount of money getting bilked out of consumers" is related in any logical way to "malpractice of the accidental nature." Tell me what either of those two terms has anything to do with the other.
Speaker to Animals wrote:There is also one where these people are selling little vials of water that supposedly cure cancer. I shit you not. I can't remember what it is called, but they claim to take a poison and then constantly dilute it in water to capture some kind of essence that cures you. But the end result is just water.
How, exactly, does some regulatory scheme work better at getting rid of the snake oil salesmen than a clear and definite system of tort liability? If you understand the question, be specific. If you don't understand the question, let me know and I'll shoot for some time to explain it.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:57 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:Palliative care is the end-of-life. Don’t need doctors, just need someone’s hand to hold and morphine.
What do you call medical care that is solely aimed at pain relief rather than healing? Is there such a term other than 'pain management'?

Most pain clinic doctors in my experience have been rheumatologists or neurologists. The two often work together to treat a patient as well.
As you no doubt know, there isn't a lot they can do for things like nerve damage. Some people go to the chiropractor or acupuncturist hoping they can be cured. It would be great if the practitioners were prevented from holding themselves out as doctors. I can understand real doctors' frustration.

I was on a forum today where a person posted a list of 'holistic doctors.' For a baby. None were actually medical professionals.
:royalty-queen:

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:00 pm

I don’t care about chicken’s blood people, they don’t carry liability & neither should real doctors.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:10 pm

Martin Hash wrote:I don’t care about chicken’s blood people, they don’t carry liability & neither should real doctors.
So a "real" doctor should have the same tort responsibility as a witch doctor, which is "none?"

Maybe, remind me though, are an open carry guy?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:26 pm

If anybody is subject to Tort, it should be the witchdoctor.

p.s. I’m Open-carry though I don’t own a gun.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:31 pm

All should be subject to tort liability. Tell me what class of people should be immune from tort liability.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:41 pm

No liability for anyone.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:44 pm

Martin Hash wrote:No liability for anyone.
OK.

What's the remedy for the 10 year old girl who has the left leg operated on, when triage put notes and a marker on the right leg?

What's her remedy?

Be specific on this one, please.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Fife wrote:
OK.

What's the remedy for the 10 year old girl who has the left leg operated on, when triage put notes and a marker on the right leg?

What's her remedy?

Same remedy as the 10 year old girl who lost her right leg to an uninsured drunk driver, or the one who lost her leg to lightening.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:54 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Fife wrote:
OK.

What's her remedy?

Same remedy as the 10 year old girl who lost her right leg to an uninsured drunk driver, or the one who lost her leg to lightening.
Fuck's sake, Captain Chaos, you're a true madman. There's something to be said for that.

I never really thought of you as true believer in vigilante justice. We don't even need to waste the cash on a courthouse in Hashland.