Speaker to Animals

Re: Positive Emotions

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:07 pm

Agreeableness.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:27 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Agreeableness
Would the emotion be “grace”? Is agreeability a manifestation of any emotion?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:42 pm

Martin Hash wrote:

Agreeableness is an emotion as far as I know. Whether or not we feel agreeable depends upon our nature (some of us are more agreeable and some more confrontational) and upon how strongly we feel either of those in the exchange. I definitely feel it as an emotion. Your mileage may vary.

Think about the times you wanted to pitch some idea to somebody and you at least subconsciously gauged his emotional state to determine if he would react well to the proposal. There's the component of the person's personality that greatly predisposes them towards agreeableness or confrontationalness. Then there's the proposal or argument itself that will elicit some reaction in either direction, but most often a little of both. Lastly, there's just that emotional undercurrent of either of those things. It's not based on external matters at all. It's just how the person feels that day or even that moment. That's an emotion.

For instance, I can feel totally open to somebody's idea and support at least the motivation of it even as I intellectually determined it's a bad idea for one reason or another. Other times I can feel like I don't want any part of some idea even if intellectually I know it's valid and probably the right course of action, but fuck it, I don't want to go along with it. It's just an emotion that has little to do with the topic that is being agreed upon or opposed.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:42 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:

Agreeableness is an emotion as far as I know. Whether or not we feel agreeable depends upon our nature (some of us are more agreeable and some more confrontational) and upon how strongly we feel either of those in the exchange. I definitely feel it as an emotion. Your mileage may vary.

Think about the times you wanted to pitch some idea to somebody and you at least subconsciously gauged his emotional state to determine if he would react well to the proposal. There's the component of the person's personality that greatly predisposes them towards agreeableness or confrontationalness. Then there's the proposal or argument itself that will elicit some reaction in either direction, but most often a little of both. Lastly, there's just that emotional undercurrent of either of those things. It's not based on external matters at all. It's just how the person feels that day or even that moment. That's an emotion.

For instance, I can feel totally open to somebody's idea and support at least the motivation of it even as I intellectually determined it's a bad idea for one reason or another. Other times I can feel like I don't want any part of some idea even if intellectually I know it's valid and probably the right course of action, but fuck it, I don't want to go along with it. It's just an emotion that has little to do with the topic that is being agreed upon or opposed.
Jordan Peterson has a ton to say about agreeableness, specifically, he assigns it to women, and why women are Collectivists. YouTube that.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

LVH2

Post by LVH2 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:01 pm

Martin Hash wrote: Compassion is sympathy, pity & concern for the sufferings & misfortunes of others.
I think it is also a kind of wisdom. Marcus said something to this effect. If you had a perfect knowledge of what was going on with everybody, you'd never be angry with anybody. When somebody does something wrong, you'd only feel bad for them for being in the state that leads to wrong doing.

Similar thoughts in other schools. Forgive them, for they know not what they do*.

*But let's torture them forever anyway?