Redefinitions From The Left

Fife

Re: Redefinitions From The Left

Post by Fife » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:42 pm

MHF Groundhog Day isn't much different than DCF Groundhog Day, as it turns out.

Why, yes, puddinheads, gold IS money after all.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-3 ... gold-money Check out the economic definition of money and then test that against gold.

If I owed you $13,100 on a job (since this is just a thought experiment, assume neither the state nor any financial institutions controlled by the state are involved), would you rather I pay you in USD cash, or with 10 ounces of gold?
Last edited by Fife on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:43 pm

Cash.

Like I need to fuck around with liquidating a bunch of gold before I buy shit.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:45 pm

Fife wrote:MHF Groundhog Day isn't much different than DCF Groundhog Day, as it turns out.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-3 ... gold-money Check out the economic definition of money and then test that against gold.

If I owed you $14,000 on a job (since this is just a thought experiment, assume neither the state nor any financial institutions controlled by the state are involved), would you rather I pay you in USD cash, or with 10 ounces of gold?
How much gold are you holding right now, Fife? And where is it? Do you have it in your safe at your house?
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:47 pm

If liquidity, right-the-fuck-NOW is important, cash is hard to beat. One of the factors, for sure.

But that preference by you is a big fat non-sequitur-burger; it does nothing, nothing, to diminish the liquidity of gold. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting someone willing to accept gold in trade; good times or bad.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:51 pm

:lol:

Or sex, right?

Someone somewhere ready to take gold or sex at the drop of a hat for trade. Probably drugs and guns too.
But that doesn't make them magic.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:54 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fife wrote:MHF Groundhog Day isn't much different than DCF Groundhog Day, as it turns out.

If I owed you $14,000 on a job (since this is just a thought experiment, assume neither the state nor any financial institutions controlled by the state are involved), would you rather I pay you in USD cash, or with 10 ounces of gold?
How much gold are you holding right now, Fife? And where is it? Do you have it in your safe at your house?
How much? Might as well ask me how much brass, powder and lead I have ready to go in a pinch. Not enough to make me think there is plenty yet, but I'm working on it.

As to where: Here and there; here and there.

Also, they don't call that place down river from Ft. Donelson the secure and remote Casa de Fife for nothing, you know. :wink:

Geographic diversification is key, old bean. Gold backed securities/IRAs are not bad to play around with either.
Last edited by Fife on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:57 pm

DBTrek wrote::lol:

Or sex, right?

Someone somewhere ready to take gold or sex at the drop of a hat for trade. Probably drugs and guns too.
But that doesn't make them magic.
Oh yeah, "magic" rocks.

I'll grant you all week long and twice on Sunday, that there is nothing "magic" about gold or silver. Or salt, or cattle, or iPhones, or USD either, for that matter.

Where do you find the "magic?" Can I have some? Or buy some?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:57 pm

If I owed you $13,100 on a job (since this is just a thought experiment, assume neither the state nor any financial institutions controlled by the state are involved), would you rather I pay you in USD cash, or with 10 ounces of gold?

Depends. Do the call girls in this universe accept gold?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:58 pm

Fife wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

How much? Might as well ask me how much brass, powder and lead I have ready to go in a pinch. Not enough to make me think there is plenty yet, but I'm working on it.

As to where: Here and there; here and there.

Also, they don't call that place down river from Ft. Donelson the secure and remote Case de Fife for nothing, you know. :wink:

Geographic diversification is key, old bean. Gold backed securities/IRAs are not bad to play around with either.

Oh, the privileged with his gold.... I can only afford Silver and Lead
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:59 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:

Depends. Do the call girls in this universe accept gold?
Are you talking about our universe? IRL, you mean? If so, then yes most certainly as shit accept gold. In fact, gold = service with a smile. :D