Redefinitions From The Left

MilSpecs

Re: Redefinitions From The Left

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:57 pm

Martin Hash wrote:It dawned on me in this thread that people are intimidated by money. I'd say half the folks who read this forum think they could have achieved what I did (degrees/licenses/travel/creativity) if they just had the inclination/time/money/luck. In fact, a dozen or so are fervently dismissive of those accomplishments, but if I bring up the money, slam-dunk, everybody knows they'll never have the money, so I get points for that. It's amazing - the easiest thing I did was get rich. Capps then points out that this forum is actually in my favor, that most here ARE appreciative, but out in Real Life, when I run for office, virtually everybody will only be impressed by the money. It took 3 days for that to sink in...
Fyi, I do admire your accomplishments and also your ability to amass wealth - even more so, because I lack that skill at that level. If I've ever seemed dismissive of your degrees it's because of where I'm from. There were brilliant people everywhere who could have amassed degrees (some did) but didnt have the time or money or desire to do so. People tend to concentrate their resources on succeeding in a particular field, rather than collecting degrees as an end in itself. So, in my world there are plenty of brilliant people who could amass degrees, but not so many who can amass large amounts of money (meaning over a million) at a young age.
:royalty-queen:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:31 am

Never had a class that I couldn’t breeze through, except statistics (took 3 tries). If I had the time and inclination, I could rack up a dozen degrees - there’s just no reason to do so.

You’ve done something illogical, merely for recognition. It speaks to an insecure mind, and a lack of self-awareness that you feel the need to remind us over and over about what you have, and then complain when we don’t applaud it enough.

On the rest of this forum, we’re calling each other retards and attacking each other’s base beliefs in open combat. Why you think we’re going to drop all of that to sing your praises is beyond me.

That said, you’ve done some very impressive things in business (the real world), and you’ve been well-rewarded for it. That’s why we recognize the money as an achievement. You’ve run for an actual political office, which none of us have attempted, and that’s an accomplishment as well.

You’re a good guy, Charlie Brown. Just be happy with yourself.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:01 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Never had a class that I couldn’t breeze through, except statistics (took 3 tries). If I had the time and inclination, I could rack up a dozen degrees - there’s just no reason to do so.

You’ve done something illogical, merely for recognition. It speaks to an insecure mind, and a lack of self-awareness that you feel the need to remind us over and over about what you have, and then complain when we don’t applaud it enough.

On the rest of this forum, we’re calling each other retards and attacking each other’s base beliefs in open combat. Why you think we’re going to drop all of that to sing your praises is beyond me.

That said, you’ve done some very impressive things in business (the real world), and you’ve been well-rewarded for it. That’s why we recognize the money as an achievement. You’ve run for an actual political office, which none of us have attempted, and that’s an accomplishment as well.

You’re a good guy, Charlie Brown. Just be happy with yourself.
Hash going all-in on the degrees I don't think is an indication of an insecure mind. Everyone's claiming that "if I had the [insert resource here], I could do the same." but that proves that Boss Hash has the time, the money, the motivation and the intellect to be able to do that. He's in possession of everything we claim to need, but don't have nor are willing to seek out.

Most of us have picked a particular path through life and it follows generally linearly. Hash can look around and say "all of that? Yeah, I've done all of that." If anything, he's the least likely out of any of us to wonder, "What if I had done..."
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:12 am

The topsy-turvy reverence people hold for money IS the problem. The more money the more revered. Contrast that with "the more accomplishments, the more resented."

p.s. Definitely going into a couple of my books, both as a quote and part of my philosophy.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:29 am

Everyone's most important goal is status, and money can buy status, hence money is the most important goal.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:33 am

Martin Hash wrote:The topsy-turvy reverence people hold for money IS the problem. The more money the more revered. Contrast that with "the more accomplishments, the more resented."

p.s. Definitely going into a couple of my books, both as a quote and part of my philosophy.
In a society where everything is for sale, it’s inevitable that everything is about money.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:35 am

Most people have little experience with failure: they fail a few times, make excuses to themselves why they gave up, and so never come to acknowledge their weaknesses, but their failure to make money is in their face every day.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:59 am

Martin Hash wrote:Most people have little experience with failure: they fail a few times, make excuses to themselves why they gave up, and so never come to acknowledge their weaknesses, but their failure to make money is in their face every day.
You're so rich that you don't need the special interest bribes, that's a good angle to play, Trump showed the way. Don't play it like Romney, run from your wealth and play up your credentials, that shit never works, unless they are military credentials.
*yip*

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:39 am

StCapps wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:Most people have little experience with failure: they fail a few times, make excuses to themselves why they gave up, and so never come to acknowledge their weaknesses, but their failure to make money is in their face every day.
You're so rich that you don't need the special interest bribes, that's a good angle to play, Trump showed the way. Don't play it like Romney, run from your wealth and play up your credentials, that shit never works, unless they are military credentials.
Capps don't make no apologies.

This is pretty clear-cut advice. I believe it's correct but I'm not going to follow it because being elected is not worth being a hypocrite - to me anyway. I do enjoy running though. Voters in my district can't say they weren't given an awesome choice, and there's enough randomness in elections that there's more chance than winning the lottery. (I've NEVER bought a lottery ticket.)

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:03 pm

As a failure expert... dare I say savant, this is the my ace in the hole.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen