Redefinitions From The Left

StCapps

Re: Redefinitions From The Left

Post by StCapps » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:52 pm

Martin Hash wrote:I think that was a sincere effort to help. Thanks.

Speaking of politics, I promised to write a political credo before I run for office again. (I'm going to run for U.S. House, WA CD3.) Here is the foreword of the rough draft:

There are those with power and those without. Power means control, and the primary evolutionary goal of every creature is to be in control. Unfortunately, power is zero-sum gain, which means if someone gets more, someone else must have lost it. Often it is impossible to break the status quo within the given rule-set, so the only thing left to do is change the rules. Vested interests will use their superior power to prevent that, so rule changers must be devious in their methods, obscuring the truth of their intentions with rhetoric and guile. This tactic generates chaos, which is why you should assume that if something doesn't make sense, it's probably nonsense.
Intelligence & logic can pierce the veil of confusion. For you that is; there is no advantage to the people blowing the smoke: one side is trying to wrest control from the other, after all; so you can never come to an agreement. Clarity is their enemy.
You should be for the people and for the future. Something like that.

You need vacuous slogans that make the maximum amount of people think happy thoughts, while also keeping you in mind, so when think happy thoughts in the future, they sometimes think of you as well. Pick something and roll with it. Credo shmedo, you need something you can put on a bumper sticker, lawn sign or internet meme, something catchy. Did you learn nothing from Donald Trump?
Last edited by StCapps on Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:57 pm

I am deliberately refusing to be corrupted.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:02 pm

Martin Hash wrote:I am deliberately refusing to be corrupted.
You have to learn to ignore the truth when it doesn't help you. Drawing attention to things that hurt you is just dumb, draw attention to things that help you. Wordy political credos are a big turnoff, the average voter won't read past the first two sentences. Those are the people who are going to elect you, not rocket surgeons who are impressed with your vocabulary. Stop campaigning to win your own vote and start campaigning to win the voters who actually elect you. You are pitching to wrong crowd, you can't ignore political reality, not everyone thinks like you, so stop projecting, that has nothing to do with becoming corrupted, it's just common sense.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:07 pm

Actually, you should run on the fact that you really can't be bribed. Run ads that ask people if they are tired of candidates saying one thing and then doing the opposite after election based on who gave them the most money. You could say something like, "I'm just too old and too damned rich to give a damn."

Don't buy into these meme that you should hide your wealth when running. Most Americans respect you for earning a fortune. That's a qualifying factor. The fact that you can't really be bribed is a huge advantage that you have to get across.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:09 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Actually, you should run on the fact that you really can't be bribed. Run ads that ask people if they are tired of candidates saying one thing and then doing the opposite after election based on who gave them the most money. You could say something like, "I'm just too old and too damned rich to give a damn."

Don't buy into these meme that you should hide your wealth when running. Most Americans respect you for earning a fortune. That's a qualifying factor. The fact that you can't really be bribed is a huge advantage that you have to get across.
Someone learned something from Donald Trump. Good advice, hopefully Hash will take it.
*yip*

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:14 pm

It's bizarre that wealth has so much more credibility over achievement: 5% of Americans are multi-millionaires but I'm the only one ever with simultaneous licenses in the 4 most difficult fields, a 1:2,000,000,000 chance.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:15 pm

Martin Hash wrote:It's bizarre that wealth has so much more credibility over achievement: 5% of Americans are multi-millionaires but I'm the only one ever with simultaneous licenses in the 4 most difficult fields, a 1:2,000,000,000 chance.
So the morale of the story is emphasize your wealth, not your credentials. Learn to ignore what doesn't help you and draw attention to things that do help you. Hillary Clinton emphasized her credentials while Donald Trump emphasized his wealth, who won?

If they ask for your credentials, you don't have to lie, you tell the truth, then pivot to emphasizing your wealth. Don't dwell on talking about your academic credentials, it doesn't help, it makes you come across as know-it-all elitist to the average voter, because not enough people can relate to that level of academic accomplishment.
Last edited by StCapps on Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:28 pm

StCapps wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:It's bizarre that wealth has so much more credibility over achievement: 5% of Americans are multi-millionaires but I'm the only one ever with simultaneous licenses in the 4 most difficult fields, a 1:2,000,000,000 chance.
So the morale of the story is emphasize your wealth, not your credentials. Learn to ignore what doesn't help you and draw attention to things that do help you. Hillary Clinton emphasized her credentials while Donald Trump emphasized his wealth, who won?

If they ask for your credentials, you don't have to lie, you tell the truth, then pivot to emphasizing your wealth. Don't dwell on talking about your academic credentials, it doesn't help, it makes you come across as know-it-all elitist to the average voter.
If this wasn't my personal experience, I'd say you were being sarcastic.

p.s. Wealth is the measuring stick for success in America. Everything else is either a don't care or detrimental.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:29 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
StCapps wrote:

If they ask for your credentials, you don't have to lie, you tell the truth, then pivot to emphasizing your wealth. Don't dwell on talking about your academic credentials, it doesn't help, it makes you come across as know-it-all elitist to the average voter.
If this wasn't my personal experience, I'd say you were being sarcastic.

p.s. Wealth is the measuring stick for success in America. Everything else is either a don't care or detrimental.
Oh I'm 100% serious, not trolling at all. It's just the way she goes.
*yip*

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:29 pm

It dawned on me in this thread that people are intimidated by money. I'd say half the folks who read this forum think they could have achieved what I did (degrees/licenses/travel/creativity) if they just had the inclination/time/money/luck. In fact, a dozen or so are fervently dismissive of those accomplishments, but if I bring up the money, slam-dunk, everybody knows they'll never have the money, so I get points for that. It's amazing - the easiest thing I did was get rich. Capps then points out that this forum is actually in my favor, that most here ARE appreciative, but out in Real Life, when I run for office, virtually everybody will only be impressed by the money. It took 3 days for that to sink in...