Redefinitions From The Left

Montegriffo

Re: Redefinitions From The Left

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:34 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Fife wrote:
"Zero Property" - Me sounding like M. Hash
Sound more like one of his offspring at the reading of his last will and testament.
Right?

ZING!
:lol:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:41 pm

I couldn't even get elected Dog-Catcher from people on this forum. I'm not kidding, that's why I don't take winning an election very seriously. Everyone thinks they're smarter than me, that's just how it is, and how it's always been. It seems obvious to me that the facts would speak otherwise but people assume they could do everything I did if they just had the time/inclination/money/luck. Human nature.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:46 pm

Martin Hash wrote:I couldn't even get elected Dog-Catcher from people on this forum. I'm not kidding, that's why I don't take winning an election very seriously. Everyone thinks they're smarter than me, that's just how it is, and how it's always been. It's seems obvious to me that the facts would speak otherwise, but people assume they could do everything I did if they just had the time/inclination/money/luck. Human nature.
Jerry Seinfeld feels you.

In his recent NetFlix special he's standing on stage in New York, talking about how New Yorkers are funny. He pauses, looks at the crowd, and says something like "I know you all think you're funny, that's why you're here. In fact, most of you are looking at me right now and thinking 'I could do that. I mean, if I wanted to I could grab a microphone and make people laugh'".

So it's not limited to education or intelligence.
We all think we can do everything better than those we see actually doing the work.

For the record though, this guy has 29 college degrees which I think trumps 3 doctorates, right?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:49 pm

DBTrek wrote:For the record though, this guy has 29 college degrees which I think trumps 3 doctorates, right?
I want you to say that to your doctor or your lawyer. Tell me how it turns out?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:53 pm

Martin Hash wrote:I couldn't even get elected Dog-Catcher from people on this forum. I'm not kidding, that's why I don't take winning an election very seriously. Everyone thinks they're smarter than me, that's just how it is, and how it's always been. It seems obvious to me that the facts would speak otherwise but people assume they could do everything I did if they just had the time/inclination/money/luck. Human nature.

That's where you're wrong. We'd definitely elect you into animal control.

You'd need to blog it, though.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:58 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:You'd need to blog it, though.
Damn, one of the things I don't do. I also don't Tweet. Worthless.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:04 pm

Martin Hash wrote:

It might actually be funny if you volunteered for something like that and blogged it.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:17 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:

It might actually be funny if you volunteered for something like that and blogged it.
Don't you think this forum comes close? (And it self-blogs.)

p.s. I'm sitting in my spa working on my next Travel book, and every so often I switch back here to post. It's as entertaining as Animal Control, I'm sure.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:23 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: Damn, one of the things I don't do. I also don't Tweet. Worthless.

Don't you think this forum comes close? (And it self-blogs.)

p.s. I'm sitting in my spa working on my next Travel book, and every so often I switch back here to post. It's as entertaining as Animal Control, I'm sure.

I am not a politician, so maybe I am totally off-base here, but it seems to me that if you want to get elected to state or local office, you could just volunteer for various public service jobs and blog it sort of like Mike Rowe does with blue collar jobs. But in your case, you would just be highlighted all the things that have to get done to keep the community together and running properly. Get to know people and sort of showcase all the things that go into keeping community together.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:43 pm

I think that was a sincere effort to help. Thanks.

Speaking of politics, I promised to write a political credo before I run for office again. (I'm going to run for U.S. House, WA CD3.) Here is the foreword of the rough draft:

There are those with power and those without. Power means control, and the primary evolutionary goal of every creature is to be in control. Unfortunately, power is zero-sum gain, which means if someone gets more, someone else must have lost it. Often it is impossible to break the status quo within the given rule-set, so the only thing left to do is change the rules. Vested interests will use their superior power to prevent that, so rule changers must be devious in their methods, obscuring the truth of their intentions with rhetoric and guile. This tactic generates chaos, which is why you should assume that if something doesn't make sense, it's probably nonsense.

Intelligence & logic can pierce the veil of confusion. For you that is; there is no advantage to the people blowing the smoke: one side is trying to wrest control from the other, after all; so you can never come to an agreement. Clarity is their enemy.