Redefinitions From The Left

StCapps

Re: Redefinitions From The Left

Post by StCapps » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:46 am

Martin Hash wrote:Maybe but the United States was founded on the idea that there is no Class system, explicit or de facto. (Though I agree the hypocrisy was rampant.)
Well that is utopian bullshit that will never come to pass. You can't eliminate class anymore than you can eliminate war or poverty, it will always exist as long as humans exist. America's founding myths are irrelevant to reality and pretending that class doesn't exist is asinine.
*yip*

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:52 am

StCapps wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:Maybe but the United States was founded on the idea that there is no Class system, explicit or de facto. (Though I agree the hypocrisy was rampant.)
Well that is utopian bullshit that will never come to pass. You can't eliminate class anymore than you can eliminate war or poverty, it will always exist as long as humans exist. America's founding myths are irrelevant to reality and pretending that class doesn't exist is asinine.
Hey, I get called an "ass" all the time, nothing new, I STILL believe in America. It's the Collectivists who have given up and just want to eliminate all wealth rather than deal with the problem of Class. (Of course, their class then becomes the Bureaucrats but they tell themselves otherwise. Hell, we've got the political Class. Thank god Trump & Kid Rock came along to break that boundary.)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:54 am

Martin Hash wrote:Hey, I get called an "ass" all the time, nothing new, I STILL believe in America. It's the Collectivists who have given up and just want to eliminate all wealth rather than deal with the problem of Class. (Of course, their class then becomes the Bureaucrats but they tell themselves otherwise. Hell, we've got the political Class. Thank god Trump & Kid Rock came along to break that boundary.)
How are you not a collectivist when you say confiscate all inheritance to eliminate class? That sounds pretty collectivist to me, Captain Liberty, you're hypocrisy is astounding. You sound like a Commie, not a pro-liberty guy with this 100% death tax bs, that's equality, not liberty.

Not only that, but your plan will fail miserably to eliminate class distinctions among Americans, the aristocracy isn't going anywhere, all while imposing your collectivist death tax. Good job.
:roll:
Last edited by StCapps on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:59 am

Hey, that's why I'll never be elected to anything. I'm just not logical...

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:00 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Hey, that's why I'll never be elected to anything. I'm just not logical...
Nope, your problem is that you think everyone else thinks like you do, and you project your beliefs on your voters, and then wonder why they don't vote for you. Also you don't lie enough, if you aren't going to tell the people what they want to hear, they'll vote for someone who does, no matter how feasible it is to deliver on those campaign promises, they want sunshine blown up their asses, facts don't win elections.
*yip*

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:03 pm

Libertarians certainly believe in liberty: most liberty to whoever gets there first. That would be an anti-tax position.

I'm: most liberty to the most people, which requires opportunity, but opportunity is being hoarded by the Nouveau Aristocracy.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:05 pm

StCapps wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:Hey, that's why I'll never be elected to anything. I'm just not logical...
Nope, your problem is that you think everyone else thinks like you do, and you project your beliefs on your voters, and then wonder why they don't vote for you. Also you don't lie enough, if you aren't going to tell the people what they want to hear, they'll vote for someone who does, no matter how feasible it is to deliver on those campaign promises, they want sunshine blown up their asses, facts don't win elections.
I agree with this diagnosis.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:06 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Libertarians certainly believe in liberty: most liberty to whoever gets there first. That would be an anti-tax position.

I'm: most liberty to the most people, which requires opportunity, but opportunity is being hoarded by the Nouveau Aristocracy.
Not enough libertarians out there to win you any elections bro, don't pander to them unless it's a coincidence that serves another political purpose that is actually beneficial to you. If the truth won't help you, ignore it, and focus on telling the voters a story that they want to hear, facts be damned. That's how you win an election, if the other guy has a better story than you, you're fucked, even if your story reflects the facts better than his does.
*yip*

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:08 pm

I don't want to win that bad. I'll always be honest. (How could I call myself a philosopher if I wasn't true to my philosophy?)

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:10 pm

Martin Hash wrote:I don't want to win that bad. I'll always be honest. (How could I call myself a philosopher if I wasn't true to my philosophy?)
Then you'll always lose. If you wear kid gloves, then you are going to lose to an opponent who doesn't. Your opponent won't be playing by the same rules, they won't be restrained by the truth and you'll never have a chance unless they throw themselves under the bus. Really your only hope is that you'll run against some other ideologue who will never lie to get elected, but what are the chances of that?

All politicians lie, because if they didn't, they'd be out of a job, it's that simple. If you don't want the job, only tell the truth, that's one sure fire way to never get elected.
*yip*