Climate Change Solutions Continued...

Speaker to Animals

Re: Climate Change Solutions Continued...

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:40 am

We can't avoid looking at motivations either. People who want those big state solutions just want a bigger state with more control over our lives and the economy. I think a lot of this stuff is nothing more than excuse.

We cannot really discuss engineering solutions with them unless those "solutions" involve world government and government coercion into ordinary lives.

It may be more effective to ignore the narrative games and attack them there. That's what they want. I have my doubts that some world regulatory body can somehow make things better, even if one assumes their narrative to be the reality.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:46 am

Martin Hash wrote:"Personalized power" means off-the-grid, instead batteries or fuel-cells store the wind/solar/whatever-generated energy.
Yes, many states actively deter this though, and most states don't promote it.

Green everything has been taken over by government and the power industry.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:04 am

C-Mag wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:"Personalized power" means off-the-grid, instead batteries or fuel-cells store the wind/solar/whatever-generated energy.
Yes, many states actively deter this though, and most states don't promote it.

Green everything has been taken over by government and the power industry.
It was my understanding that at-home battery systems are a relatively nascent technology, or am I way off base?

I have family that has solar and can run the whole house on it, but they're S.O.L. for getting anything from the panels if there's an outage. Would love to see a battery at the house and a middle finger to power company.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.