Climate Change Solutions Continued...

Martin Hash

Climate Change Solutions Continued...

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:35 am

1. Personalized power creation & storage to decentralize energy.
2. GMO for drought-resistant crops.
3. Border Wall to stop refugees.
4. Move flooded cities inland.
5. Something as simple as the “more trees," or as high-tech as sequestering carbon in the ocean, or changing the atmosphere to filter sunlight.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Re: Climate Change Solutions Continued...

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:44 am

I agree with all of that, but I think we need to walk back an associated idea of letting personalized power on to the grid. Power is not a substitutable commodity, and a lot of what gets generated by wind and solar is malformed and not very stable. It would require more engineering sutions to manage than it's worth.

I think the average household could run fine by drawing mostly on this kind of power because you are mostly just powering, at most demanding, an HVAC system. But if you throw that stuff on the grid, you are going to hurt industry. Big power plants produce steady, perfect power that you need to run a highly industrialized society. You are not going to power a steel mill or an automobile factory easily with wind and solar.

The other concern I have is from that video you posted that interviews Dyson. If this is really causing a global greening, then I think we need to re-analyze the various costs *AND* benefits. What if we end up increasing the carrying capacity globally at the cost of shifting the agricultural belts a bit north and south?

Even then, could we not engineer crops that will grow in what now are deserts? Israelis can turn desert into farmland. Why can we not help people do the same?

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:48 am

Lots of good Antarctic land in the future.

I mean, we will have to take it from them damn Nazis whats been living in the hollow earth... but I believe in America.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:55 am

See. It's all about how the left hijacks the discourse with their narrative. They've had guys like Chomsky and Lakoff weaponizing linguistics to win public discourse at the expense of the truth.

Instead of calling it global warming, what if you looked at it as global greening? Does that soften your reaction to it? Is increasing the Earth's biomass bad? More arable land is not bad.

In the fictional world of political narratives, they have you imaging a future on Arrakis. But what if the truth is more like Caladan?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:05 am

Or put another way, the problem I have with all this is that we all argue over who's "narrative" is better instead of the truth. These narratives are fictional worlds. There's a real world out there, with nearly impenetrable complexity that defies these fictional narratives at every turn.

It's even reached the point where scientists are cooking the data to better match their narrative.

I am so tired of it. This is a kind of dark age, not so much like the last, but a kind of intellectual darkening none-the-less.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:14 am

That's exactly what it is. There is so much at stake it's impossible to get an impartial analysis. Everyone is looking for an angle to hitch their wagon to the panic beast and to try to move it their way. So far the renewable energy industry has been most successful in arranging the transfer of profits from other industries to their otherwise empty coffers. Next comes failed third world country leaders with their demands for "compensations". The guilt ridden western leftists stand at the ready with other people's money. Everyone is panicking about fossil fuel but almost no one is talking about water vapor and natural cycles.
The entire war against climate change to prevent the use of any carbon-based fuel is based on one single assumption: that carbon dioxide is the primary cause.

Yet the key scientific question that never even gets mentioned, let alone answered, is “how can any gas that occupies 4/100ths of 1 percent of our atmosphere have any effect at all?”

Meteorologists concur that the greenhouse gases in our atmosphere keep Earth about 59F (degrees Fahrenheit) warmer than otherwise. Water vapor, by far the strongest greenhouse gas, is 10 percent of our atmosphere. All of the other greenhouse gases taken together, including carbon dioxide, occupy less than 4.5/100th of 1 percent. Of the 59F, 58.73 is due to water vapor and only 0.27 percent to carbon dioxide and the others.

In parts per million (ppm) of our atmosphere, water vapor is 100,000 ppm and all the other greenhouse gases less than 450 ppm.

Think of a sports arena that holds 100,000 fans. There, in the center are 450 CO2 global warming fans. Surrounding them are 100,000 water vapor fans. Who is going to control the cheering?

In 1750 at the start of the industrial revolution, the amount of CO2 in our air was about 285 ppm. In 2015, at Mauna in Hawaii, it was 397. Assuming that this increase was all due to man’s use of carbon-based fuels (which it is not), and the rate of increase continues, the level will double to 800 in 1900 years (the year 3915).

Since the current global warmth due to CO2 now is 0.22F, by 3915 it will have increased to 0.54F, hardly a barnburner.

The issue is whether the Earth is warming. The study conducted by American, Russian and French scientists in 1999-2003 via extensive ice core drilling in the Vostosk Peninsula in the Antartica showed that Earth is nearing the end of a 24,000 year interglacial warming period. In the beginning, North America and much of the world was covered by huge glaciers. Now, although most of the ice is gone, the warming may continue for a few centuries more – a normal climate cycle, having almost nothing to do with CO2.

For the past 20-plus years, America has spent more than $1 trillion in the ferocious battle to prevent climate change. Isn’t it time we recognized the error?
http://www.auburn-reporter.com/letters/ ... te-change/

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:34 am

"Personalized power" means off-the-grid, instead batteries or fuel-cells store the wind/solar/whatever-generated energy.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:36 am

Hastur wrote:That's exactly what it is. There is so much at stake it's impossible to get an impartial analysis. Everyone is looking for an angle to hitch their wagon to the panic beast and to try to move it their way. So far the renewable energy industry has been most successful in arranging the transfer of profits from other industries to their otherwise empty coffers. Next comes failed third world country leaders with their demands for "compensations". The guilt ridden western leftists stand at the ready with other people's money. Everyone is panicking about fossil fuel but almost no one is talking about water vapor and natural cycles.
Nicely done.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:38 am

Martin Hash wrote:"Personalized power" means off-the-grid, instead batteries or fuel-cells store the wind/solar/whatever-generated energy.

That I agree with.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:38 am

I offer solutions to show what solutions look like. Cap-n-Trade does not solve one damn thing to do with the climate yet that's their solution? I can hear someone screaming "SCAM" in my head.