Trump's Positives So Far:

DBTrek

Re: Trump's Positives So Far:

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:45 pm

Trump Administration Ends Temporary Protection for Haitians

The Trump administration is ending a humanitarian program that has allowed some 59,000 Haitians to live and work in the United States since an earthquake ravaged their country in 2010, Homeland Security officials said on Monday.

Haitians with what is known as Temporary Protected Status will be expected to leave the United States by July 2019 or face deportation.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/us/h ... tatus.html
Not that tough of a nut to crack.

This article is from November, 2017.
I'm calling it now - when the deportations go into effect in 2019 it's going to be framed as a complete surprise which caught the poor, displaced, desperate Haitians off guard before they could've possibly done anything to help themselves.
:|
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:47 pm

Kath wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:I have no idea how the Poles keep refugees out? America seems to be the only nation that cannot control its borders.
I think all we need to do is make it illegal to hire illegal immigrants, and enforce it. Give employers a web based, searchable database that is super easy to use, where they can search for bogus SSNs. Fines for those that get caught, put funds into immigration control budget.

Jobs dry up, so does illegal immigration.
It's like you never studied history. There was still an Underground Railroad in pre-Civil War U.S., despite laws against it. I could set up a shell Taco Corp in a day that would protect any employers of Illegals. And Illegals employing Illegals is big business.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:47 pm

Kath wrote:
C-Mag wrote:DOD fiscal Audit......... +1 Trump
Yes, now let's audit the FED.

I agree, Ron Paul was supposed to do that...... :(
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:49 pm

DBTrek wrote:
I'm calling it now - when the deportations go into effect in 2019 it's going to be framed as a complete surprise which caught the poor, displaced, desperate Haitians off guard before they could've possibly done anything to help themselves.
Totally believe that will happen.
Account abandoned.

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:49 pm

C-Mag wrote:
I agree, Ron Paul was supposed to do that...... :(
I voted for him.
Account abandoned.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:49 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Trump Administration Ends Temporary Protection for Haitians

The Trump administration is ending a humanitarian program that has allowed some 59,000 Haitians to live and work in the United States since an earthquake ravaged their country in 2010, Homeland Security officials said on Monday.

Haitians with what is known as Temporary Protected Status will be expected to leave the United States by July 2019 or face deportation.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/us/h ... tatus.html
Not that tough of a nut to crack.

This article is from November, 2017.
I think we'll see most of the border and immigrations issues ratcheted up in 2019, just in time for the election of 2020. Just like any politician.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:55 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Image

Half of that budget is going to entitlements, which people paid for throughout their lives, across many states over the course of 60+ years.

Another 15% goes to defense. That's not gibs for rural residents unless they own a small business dependent immediately upon the base, but lol, that's not state dependency on anything.

You have 9% going to Medicaid subsidies. You could make an argument that is benefiting residents. But also consider the population differential. I guarantee most of that 9% is going to urban states. Out of discretionary spending probably comes interstates, national parks, and so on.

Honestly, I am really scratching my head here as to where you think rural state residents are making off with your tax dollars. It's really quite laughable that you believe this.
You keep saying 'bases.' Firstly, all your base do indeed belong to all of us, but defense contractors do not. That's a big chunk of the budget. Operations and maintenance (the largest expenditure) is obviously a huge economic boon to the most 'connected' states. If defense wasn't major gibs then the associated committees and senators wouldn't be so powerful - those senators are elected because they bring home the bacon. This has nothing to do with the value of the military as an institution or it's essential role in our country - I'm speaking of how it accrues economic benefit to certain favored states.

BTW, most people don't cover their entitlement benefits, especially at the lower income levels. It's another way the richer states pay for the poorer ones. We make more money and thus pay more taxes, plus we collect proportionately less and don't qualify for many entitlements.
:royalty-queen:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:58 pm

You're fucking flailing here.

Military bases produce defense which is a net benefit to the entire nation. Interstates produce commerce and interstate transportation -- again a net benefit to the entire nation. National parks belong to the entire nation.

You fail to demonstrate how those federal tax dollars are actually benefiting rural people more than urbanites. It's ridiculous.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:02 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote: You fail to demonstrate how those federal tax dollars are actually benefiting rural people more than urbanites. It's ridiculous.
We are talking about states, not rural vs. urban.
:royalty-queen:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:09 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote: You fail to demonstrate how those federal tax dollars are actually benefiting rural people more than urbanites. It's ridiculous.
We are talking about states, not rural vs. urban.

That's exactly what accounts for the difference. Urban populations have many more people, who collectively pay more taxes than rural populations which have far fewer people. States without very large metropolitan areas don't pay as much federal taxes collectively as states who do possess such metropolitan areas.

You are essentially just saying, wah, my state has more people. Not fair!

It's ridiculous.