Trump's Positives So Far:

MilSpecs

Re: Trump's Positives So Far:

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:20 pm

StCapps wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:DACA is meaningless in how it affects the vast majority of Americans.
Yeah like Trump's base is going to abandon him because he gives the Democrats what they want on DACA. Something tells me that Trump voters care more about The Wall than DACA, if he makes a deal on the latter to get the former, they aren't going to throw him under the bus.

StA might be pissed, but Trump's base, not so much.
The base is a cult of personality. He was right when he said he could shoot somebody in the street and he wouldn't lose them. IMO the wall is just Trump throwing Mardi gra necklaces to the crowd.
:royalty-queen:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:22 pm

Half of that budget is going to entitlements, which people paid for throughout their lives, across many states over the course of 60+ years.

Another 15% goes to defense. That's not gibs for rural residents unless they own a small business dependent immediately upon the base, but lol, that's not state dependency on anything.

You have 9% going to Medicaid subsidies. You could make an argument that is benefiting residents. But also consider the population differential. I guarantee most of that 9% is going to urban states. Out of discretionary spending probably comes interstates, national parks, and so on.

Honestly, I am really scratching my head here as to where you think rural state residents are making off with your tax dollars. It's really quite laughable that you believe this.

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:23 pm

MilSpecs wrote: IMO the wall is just Trump throwing Mardi gra necklaces to the crowd.
Account abandoned.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:26 pm

I have no idea how the Poles keep refugees out? America seems to be the only nation that cannot control its borders.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:30 pm

What's the gripe with Trump's tax plan?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe it panned out like this:
  • Trump: Every income bracket gets a tax break.

Media/Dems: LIES!

Trump: Truth.

Media/Dems: Well . . . well . . . the tax cuts for the middle class expire in like 2024, so maybe their taxes will go up in six years!!!
Isn't that the upshot of all the bullshit about the tax plan?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:32 pm

Martin Hash wrote:I have no idea how the Poles keep refugees out? America seems to be the only nation that cannot control its borders.
I think all we need to do is make it illegal to hire illegal immigrants, and enforce it. Give employers a web based, searchable database that is super easy to use, where they can search for bogus SSNs. Fines for those that get caught, put funds into immigration control budget.

Jobs dry up, so does illegal immigration.
Account abandoned.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:35 pm

Kath wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:I have no idea how the Poles keep refugees out? America seems to be the only nation that cannot control its borders.
I think all we need to do is make it illegal to hire illegal immigrants, and enforce it. Give employers a web based, searchable database that is super easy to use, where they can search for bogus SSNs. Fines for those that get caught, put funds into immigration control budget.

Jobs dry up, so does illegal immigration.
So, all those Haitian boat people who came here after their disaster, didn't find jobs, and kinda just stuck around enjoying the first world accouterments and welfare system . . . they won't come here anymore if there aren't any jobs?

I find that claim highly suspect.

It might put the kibosh on the productive ones seeking work here, but that hardly addresses the entire problem.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:40 pm

DBTrek wrote:

It might put the kabosh on the productive ones seeking work here, but that hardly addresses the entire problem.
Sure, it's no panacea. There'd have to be additional measures. Deny all but the most urgent services, like access to the ER, maybe. We shouldn't be giving out free shit to people who aren't supposed to be here.

The Haitian crisis is a tough nut. Perhaps after disasters we could let some of them in legally. I dunno.
Account abandoned.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:43 pm

DOD fiscal Audit......... +1 Trump
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:44 pm

C-Mag wrote:DOD fiscal Audit......... +1 Trump
Yes, now let's audit the FED.