Trump's Positives So Far:

MilSpecs

Re: Trump's Positives So Far:

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:28 am

DBTrek wrote:
Always thought the guy was a thin skinned, egotistical, ill-informed, blowhard. But you know what? If he keeps passing pro-American policies and standing up for American interests then it doesn’t really matter what my take on his personal failings are. He may be a miserable human being but a great president, where others may have been great guys but miserable presidents.
I'm waiting to see which American interests. The tax bill was a reshuffling (albeit not all Trump) and it remains to be seen how it will play out.
:royalty-queen:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:31 am

Trump raised taxes on the rich and cut taxes for the middle and blue collar classes. Democrats still complain. :think:

Trump failed us, not because of some barely meaningful tax reform, but because he is going to betray his voters on DACA.

The irony here is that he is fucking the people over who elected him on the basis of immigration reform, and giving the progressives much of their demands, and the democrats will still call him Hitler. The crypto liberal can't win.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:38 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Trump raised taxes on thhe rich and cit taxes for the middle and blue collar classes. Democrats still complain. :think:

Trump failed us, not because of some barely meaningful tax reform, but because he is going to betray his voters on DACA.
Stop running on emotion and follow the money. Taxes on the rich and the middle class in the poorer states are going down. Taxes on the middle class in the wealth-producing states are going up. Those states finance the poorer states, which is why I said I'm waiting to se how it plays out.

DACA is meaningless in how it affects the vast majority of Americans.
:royalty-queen:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:40 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Trump raised taxes on thhe rich and cit taxes for the middle and blue collar classes. Democrats still complain. :think:

Stop running on emotion and follow the money. Taxes on the rich and the middle class in the poorer states are going down. Taxes on the middle class in the wealth-producing states are going up. Those states finance the poorer states, which is why I said I'm waiting to se how it plays out.

DACA is meaningless in how it affects the vast majority of Americans.

That's so much bullshit. Those federal tax dollars mainly go to pay for military bases and interstates, which is a net benefit to the entire nation, not just to rural states. Rural state residents don't see a net gain on their federal taxes any more than you do.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:41 am

DBTrek wrote:
Always thought the guy was a thin skinned, egotistical, ill-informed, blowhard. But you know what? If he keeps passing pro-American policies and standing up for American interests then it doesn’t really matter what my take on his personal failings are. He may be a miserable human being but a great president, where others may have been great guys but miserable presidents.
I agree.

He is clearly devoted to America being a great nation that is an economic leader. If you go back to his earliest interviews in the 80s, his positions really have not changed much. The earliest one I've seen was from 1980
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:42 am

MilSpecs wrote:DACA is meaningless in how it affects the vast majority of Americans.
Yeah like Trump's base is going to abandon him because he gives the Democrats what they want on DACA. Something tells me that Trump voters care more about The Wall than DACA, if he makes a deal on the latter to get the former, they aren't going to throw him under the bus.

StA might be pissed, but Trump's base, not so much.
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:55 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:

That's so much bullshit. Those federal tax dollars mainly go to pay for military bases and interstates, which is a net benefit to the entire nation, not just to rural states. Rural state residents don't see a net gain on their federal taxes any more than you do.
https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-l ... ment/2700/
Account abandoned.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:15 pm

Kath wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-l ... ment/2700/

Again: it's a fucking meaningless statistic when you neglect the money going to military bases, interstates, and even national parks. The actual federal tax dollars going to residents in the form of any kind of program is negligible. These states are not "dependent" upon urban states. An argument can be made that western states are, in fact, dependent, but that's just the nature of the western states that could never support many people without outside capital investment and subsidies. I don't see people making that argument though. I see them taking the bogus statistic of net taxes paid compared to how many federal dollars are spent in that state -- which is obviously nonsensical when you take two seconds to consider the fact that most of that money is going to pay for national infrastructure and federal installations like military bases and their operations.

How do federal tax dollars paying for military bases make us dependent upon you exactly? I couldn't care less if the government moves all our military bases to Florida. I would welcome it, actually. Makes us less of a target.

What you really are looking at is population density. More people pay more taxes. Big whoop. Your state has more people. How is that working out for you?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:17 pm

What did Trump do on DACA that StA is all pissed off about?

I'm seeing deportations going up, the temporary immigration ban go into effect, and the UN told to bugger off when it comes to playing "who will take refugees" musical chairs.

His immigration reform hasn't gone as far as I'd like to see it go, but it's gone further than I've seen it go in my lifetime.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:19 pm

DBTrek wrote:What did Trump do on DACA that StA is all pissed off about?b
I believe it's about this tweet.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Following Following @realDonaldTrump
More
The Democrats have been told, and fully understand, that there can be no DACA without the desperately needed WALL at the Southern Border and an END to the horrible Chain Migration & ridiculous Lottery System of Immigration etc. We must protect our Country at all cost!

5:16 AM - 29 Dec 2017
Account abandoned.