Trump's Positives So Far:

Okeefenokee

Re: Trump's Positives So Far:

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:53 pm

Kath wrote:I guess it depends on the financial manager and also ones ability to recognize where paying for expertise may be better than blindly bumbling around in an area where I have very little expertise.

It's truly not that expensive - few dollars a month, really.
Index. Index. Index.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:54 pm

Kath wrote:
DBTrek wrote:It shouldn’t make or break a retirement. I’m just lazy, and if the data says park it in an index fund for 20 years and you’ll outperform the majority of money managers, I’m in.

I like easy. So if sources I trust say easy is more profitable I’m sold twice over.
;)
To each his own. I like having someone take care of the nitty gritty details for me. I know I have to take a minimal distribution from my parent's estate each year, but I don't know how much, when it's due, or how I go about doing that. There's a lot more to it, but that's just one example. Peace of mind for a very small fee. Super easy.
You can do it yourself online.

Spread your contributions across some low risk index funds.

Put some in higher risk if you're young.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:30 pm

I got some serious green by doing cash for gold. Index fund are nice, but immediate payoffs are great, especially if you have poor impulse control and want to make some serious Ca$h. The clerk I talked to was quite honest and said he was losing money by taking my gold. I bled that idiot dry.
Shikata ga nai