Trump's Positives So Far:

heydaralon

Re: Trump's Positives So Far:

Post by heydaralon » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:06 am

Smitty-48 wrote:The Bronx is apparently the hottest market in New York right now.

Ihttp://www.ny1.com/nyc/bronx/news/2016/03/27/t ... ng-up.html

Crazy that the median listing in Mott Haven south is $704,000. That's the median, that's stunning.

The hipsters calling the South Bronx; "SoBro". lol.

The Bronx is back to 1963 crime levels? Talk about renaissance.

See this is the problem for the Bernie Bros, they have no perspective, they go on and on about how rough it is in America now and how great it was back in the good ol' days, but they weren't there, they don't remember the seventies, compared to the seventies, America is booming now.

The doomsayers talking about the "the collapse", that's kind of what New York was in the seventies, and into the eighties as well, Harlem and South Bronx weren't so much "ghettos" as they were bombed out, looked more like London in the blitz, housing projects were the nice places to live, the alternative was living in burnt out rubble, whole city blocks of rubble and burnt out buildings.

Thing is, rough as it was, there wasn't nearly as much caterwauling about doomsday back then, New Yorker's just carried on, you had to be tough to live in New York, they wore it like a badge of honor.

This is how the whole hip-hop thing caught on, it came out of New York, right out of the Bronx, and so all of a sudden rock n' rollers were a bunch of pansy fops, all the kids wanted to be rappers, cause rappers was tough, that became the tough guy image.

The kids in Regent Park in Toronto started fronting like they were from the Bronx, but I was like "I've been to the Bronx, this ain't the Bronx", and they would just double take "you've been to the Bronx?!"

Shit I've been to prison before many times but you don't see me bragging about it...
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:13 am

heydaralon wrote:
Shit I've been to prison before many times but you don't see me bragging about it...
I wasn't actually bragging, I tried to explain to them that the Bronx was not that bad, but they were like Okie, they just had one image of it, to them, the Bronx was just the South Bronx, the rest of the Bronx they didn't really have any concept of.

The reality was tho, the Bronx is huge, it's like a city unto itself, and the South Bronx is actually just a small part of it, the South Bronx is not that big, a few dozen blocks of the Bronx, you go further out into the Bronx, it starts to become much more middle class.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:24 am

It was the same thing in Manhattan, like, Harlem was a disaster area, but as soon you crossed Central Park North, you were back in Manhattan, it was literally one block north and you're in the rubble of Harlem, go one block south and you're into one the wealthiest neighborhoods on earth.

Me and my dad, we went a couple subway stops too far north, and my dad says "oh well, let's just walk back", but when we started walking, the NYPD pulled up and were like "excuse me, sir, are you OK? Do you know where you are?" and my dad was like "oh sure, we're OK, no problem" and the cops looked at him like he was crazy.

If you just walked around NYC like you belonged there, and you didn't front like you had any money, if you were just dressed in jeans and t-shirt, you just faded into the background, nobody paid any attention to you, the people who got mugged, were the people who looked like they had money. The muggers were looking for the fancy clothes, the fancy shoes, the designer bags, if you're gonna mug somebody, you gotta make it worth your while.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:47 am

Bear in mind, there are ghettos on Long Island which are statistically much more dangerous than the Bronx is now, Hempstead, Roosevelt, Uniondale, there's plenty of rough areas on Long Island, Hemstead is a notorious suburban ghetto, so the assertion of "Long Island nice, Bronx filthy ghetto", not necessarily the case, I'd much rather live in hipster SoBro now, than I would want to live in Hempstead.

Everything is going in reverse, the high wage earners are moving into the Bronx, while it's the suburbs which are hollowing out now.

Okie says "million dollar homes" on Long Island, but the median house price on Long Island is only $375,000, while in the once infamous Mott Haven, it's almost twice that, the wealthy are coming back to the cities, thus gentrification at a rapid pace.

If the median in Mott Haven is $704,000, that means that there must be quite a few million dollar homes in the "filthy ghetto" apparently.
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:45 am

Misery Index under Trump lowest since Eisenhower :shock:

President Average
Dwight D Eisenhower 6.26
Donald J Trump 6.51
Lyndon B Johnson 6.77
John F Kennedy 7.14
William J Clinton 7.8
Harry S Truman 7.88
George W Bush 8.11
Barack H Obama 8.83
Richard M Nixon 10.57
George H.W. Bush 10.68
Ronald W Reagan 12.19
Gerald R Ford 16
James E Carter, Jr. 16.26
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:14 am

C-Mag wrote:Misery Index
lol

Misery index...
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:20 am

DrYouth wrote:
lol

Misery index...
It’s on the rise in Oregon.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:41 am

DrYouth wrote:
lol

Misery index...

Hey, if you listen to the Corporate Media you'd think we were in Jimmy Carter Levels.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:39 pm

DrYouth wrote:
lol

Misery index...

What's so funny about the Misery Index? The components are legit stats, right? Whether its a great combinational metric is up for some debate, but what is being measured are very normal stats, like OPS.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:12 pm

He’s a closet sadist.
He laughs at your misery.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"