Trump's Positives So Far:

DBTrek

Re: Trump's Positives So Far:

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:50 am

DrYouth wrote:
C-Mag wrote: 2. ISIS is just an idea now, was considered to be a future land holding empire in the making a year ago
How much does that have to do with Trump?
Trump killed most of ISIS with his bare hands.
And most of the Democratic Party with his Tweets.
Been a busy year for ol’ Yeller.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:03 pm

DBTrek wrote:
DrYouth wrote:
C-Mag wrote: 2. ISIS is just an idea now, was considered to be a future land holding empire in the making a year ago
I give Trump ISIS. And if he gets the U.S. out now, well, that's the "good luck to the new guy" strategy I'm so enamored with.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:12 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Hey, if it's impossible for you to give him any credit, it's impossible.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:12 pm

DBTrek wrote:
DrYouth wrote:
:lol:

I love all of that post
PLATA O PLOMO

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:14 pm

C-Mag wrote: Hey, if it's impossible for you to give him any credit, it's impossible.
Who said so?

Tell me what part Trump played in the ISIS story and I'm totally prepared to give him credit.

I simply haven't been paying attention and haven't read through the "Trump takes the fight to ISIS" thread.

How complicated is this story?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:18 pm

C-Mag wrote:UPDATE
What are Trump's Positive after a year ?
1. Stock Market is roaring (which is double edged)
fify.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:28 pm

DrYouth wrote:
C-Mag wrote: Hey, if it's impossible for you to give him any credit, it's impossible.
Who said so?

Tell me what part Trump played in the ISIS story and I'm totally prepared to give him credit.

I simply haven't been paying attention and haven't read through the "Trump takes the fight to ISIS" thread.

How complicated is this story?
First Leadership, he wanted to win, he set the goal and told his subordinates to do everything within the laws of war to achieve that goal.

Then all the rest of the stuff. Trump shutdown funding to ISIS wherever we could. Trump stopped supplying them with weapons. Trump opened up the ROE on the ground. Trump gave control of war making to the commanders on the ground. Trump found a path through the sticky situation with Russia in Syria, a way to work with Russians on a common goal, without ending up in a war with Russia.

Remember when Trump made bold statements in his campaign about killing terrorists and their families, destroying towns that support terror, etc. People freaked, it was old school WWII approach of total war. There not a lot out there that I've found, but we pretty much did total war on ISIS, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of guys(ISIS). Hell, we burned out the barrels of Howitzers we fired so many rounds.
PLATA O PLOMO

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:51 pm

C-Mag wrote: Trump stopped supplying them with weapons.
:shock:

Y'all were supplying ISIS with weapons?
C-Mag wrote: Trump opened up the ROE on the ground.
What's ROE?
C-Mag wrote: Trump gave control of war making to the commanders on the ground. Trump found a path through the sticky situation with Russia in Syria, a way to work with Russians on a common goal, without ending up in a war with Russia.

Remember when Trump made bold statements in his campaign about killing terrorists and their families, destroying towns that support terror, etc. People freaked, it was old school WWII approach of total war. There not a lot out there that I've found, but we pretty much did total war on ISIS, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of guys(ISIS). Hell, we burned out the barrels of Howitzers we fired so many rounds.
Well that all sounds good.

Shedding absolutely no tears for ISIS.

How's the cleanup going in the aftermath?

I'm thinking many of the general pop probably fell out of love with ISIS along the way....
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:23 pm

DrYouth wrote:
C-Mag wrote: Trump stopped supplying them with weapons.

Y'all were supplying ISIS with weapons?
C-Mag wrote: Trump opened up the ROE on the ground.
What's ROE?

Shedding absolutely no tears for ISIS.

How's the cleanup going in the aftermath?

I'm thinking many of the general pop probably fell out of love with ISIS along the way....

Yes, we were supplying weapons to ISIS. John McCain was the bag man
In the zeal of the Obama Admin, Gang of 8 and Intel Community to oust Assad, they were giving weapons to anyone who said they would fight Assad. Problem is, most of them were also ISIS. It was a US Iran Contra, and hardly a word was said.

ROE - Rules of Engagement, when you can engage the enemy with force. In recent history they have been so restrictive that Washington DC has to authorize the pulling of a trigger in the worst cases. Now, the military has the authority on the ground to seek and and engage the enemy with force.

I'm not sure were too worried about clean up in the aftermath. Gotta win the fight first. That comes later. It will be imperfect and lead to other problems, but that is war.
PLATA O PLOMO

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:45 pm

C-Mag wrote: Yes, we were supplying weapons to ISIS. John McCain was the bag man
In the zeal of the Obama Admin, Gang of 8 and Intel Community to oust Assad, they were giving weapons to anyone who said they would fight Assad. Problem is, most of them were also ISIS. It was a US Iran Contra, and hardly a word was said.

No shit... That's cracked!
C-Mag wrote: I'm not sure were too worried about clean up in the aftermath. Gotta win the fight first. That comes later. It will be imperfect and lead to other problems, but that is war.
The peace just as significant as the war in the long run... best to be thinking about it now.... maybe not you... but someone.