Syrian Refugees

Martin Hash

Syrian Refugees

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:48 am

Time magazine posted this: "Military-aged males are at the forefront of the human torrent flowing into Europe from Syria:" observations:
1. Why do we have a hair up our ass about Syria, it was Saudi Arabia that flew airplanes into the Twin Towers, and their king seems a lot worse?
2. Who wouldn't want to move to Europe? Hell, sometimes I want to move to Europe (not nasty Eastern Europe, just Germany, England, Sweden, good Welfare countries).
3. I don't worry too much about Europe calling us out, hell, they'd rather take in millions of culture-destroying refugees than confront the Middle East problems.
4. I'm curious to see how long this goes on for and how it finally resolves (if ever)? It's a preview of the looming Climate Change refugees problem.
5. The folks who stayed probably support ISIL, and they are in significant majority. That's how Vietnam fell.
6. They have their homeland: it's not all just sand, and even if it was, home is still home, and they have their culture.
7. There's something I'm missing? In an unarmed country, maybe running away is the only answer, but everybody owns guns there. ISIL supposedly has relatively small numbers of amateur soldiers but they can just move in. I've got to think there's some "Allah has said ISIL will win" kind of shit undermining any resistance.
8. So the reason most of these refugees are military age is because they are defeated rebels? They left & ISIL moved in because ISIL are better fighters?
9. I love the unbiased source of the graph: "Syrian Network for Human Rights."
10. My bet is that the "Syrian Network for Human Rights" is focused on "human rights" (?) for Syrian rebels, the military-age but non-combative ones, specifically the ones who want to immigrate to Western Europe. Perhaps they give equal precedence to the POV of the Assad regime, but I'd have to see the data supporting that.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change