Favorite Quotes

Speaker to Animals

Re: Quotes

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:12 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:09 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:55 pm
There's literally nothing controversial about what he does. He might as well be paid by the globalist banksters to do what he does.

You are so full of shit.
:roll:

MSNBC slogan.

Like I told you before, you have no idea what team you are on. It's really sad.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:17 pm

Yeah 'cos an anti-consumerism message on an empty advertising board is just sooo globalist man.

Why don't you just admit you don't like him because he's a lefty.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:19 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:17 pm
Yeah 'cos an anti-consumerism message on an empty advertising board is just sooo globalist man.

Why don't you just admit you don't like him because he's a lefty.
lol you could fill the grand canyon with stacks of Ben Franklins that corporations have made from peddling anti-consumer messages. Do you know how many people I see walking around with Fight Club and Che T-shirts?Mao zedong's face is on condoms and purses.

I don't think Banksy is subversive. There was a time he would have been, but nowadays, the right is far more subversive than the left. There isn't an inherent value in being subversive for its own sake, it boils down to what you believe to be right imo.

I don't know if you watched the film Exit through the Gift Shop, but to me it sort of took the wind out of Bansky's sails. It kind of revealed him (and a lot of modern art) for what he is. I actually liked the film, but I came out disliking Banksy more.

Subversives have a shelf life too. DeGaulle said of Sartre: "How can I arrest Voltaire?" When that happens, you know that intellectual is no longer a threat to the power structure, because he's a part of it (especially since Sartre was a pitiful disgusting apologist for Stalinism and Maoism whose originators ruled with amoral power over every aspect of their society). Even Voltaire spent huge portions of his life being co-opted by Catherine and Frederick. History remembers them differently than they actually were.
Shikata ga nai

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:42 am

He's breaking the law so he has to be punished.

Isn't that your usual stance Monte?

Or does that only apply to TouTube comics you find offensive and citizen journalists reporting uncomfortable truths?

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:47 am

Hastur wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:42 am

Or does that only apply to TouTube comics you find offensive and citizen journalists reporting uncomfortable truths?
Where's the victim?
Banksy's graffiti can be worth hundreds of thousands of pounds.
I hope he ''vandalises'' one of my possessions one day.

LOL at ''citizen journalist''
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:01 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:47 am
Hastur wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:42 am

Where's the victim?
Banksy's graffiti can be worth hundreds of thousands of pounds.
I hope he ''vandalises'' one of my possessions one day.

LOL at ''citizen journalist''
You assume everyone likes his art. It's out in the open for everyone to see so you don't know who have been unwittingly offended. It's not like you have to actively seek it out like, for example, a youtube channel.

Did he get permission to defile those buildings? don't think so. Rules are rules after all. That bastard needs to be properly punished.

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:18 am

OK.
I concede.
If this was overtly racist graffiti I would be the first to call for the prosecution of the perp'.
My stance was based on my approval of his message which is hypocritical.

Giving Banksy a pass due to the quality of his work is not a good argument, I would not like to see the streets covered in shit graffiti with offensive messages so I can't say it's OK for Banksy to use private property to advertise his art for free.
Banksy should pay for billboard space to promote his art.

I still think he's a genius though.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:32 am

I.e.. If Bansky painted It's Okay to be White, Monty would accuse him of "racism" (because who doesn't love that Orwellian twist of labeling anti-racism as racism when it humanizes white people?), and would demand he be punished.

Because Monty plays it safe with the commercialized faux trangressiveness supported by the establishment.

There is nothing controversial or even challenging about Bansky. There is so much evil shit going on, but he signals the fake causes of the globalist, corporatist left. Big whoop. It's like telling everybody on Facebook that you oppose discriminating against black people. If you say the same things about white people, you'd lose your job.

Why does Bansky even hide his identity when he literally faces no greater punishment than a fine for graffiti? He obviously has talent, but uses it for this fake virtue signaling instead of truly challenging political art. The anonymity act is so fake because of this. There are political artists in prison or exile for challenging truly evil leftist regimes like the PRC. Bansky is not pushing any boundaries at all.

LMFAO

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:01 am

For the record, I'm in favour of Banksys, Count Dankulas and Tommy Robinsons rights to express themselves. My opposition is towards the hypocrisy of the left giving a free pass to break the law if you signal the right opinions.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:16 am

Why would you think I'd object to ''It's OK to be white''?
It is also OK to be black, brown, yellow, red or any other hue.
I'm not the one constantly arguing that the colour of your skin determines your value to society.

It's OK to be an immigrant only if you are white or yellow is your mantra, not mine.

Your disparaging of Banksy is the same as your ridiculous ''the left can't meme'' meme.
You can't appreciate him because his opinions challenge yours.

You constantly virtue signal your opposition to the US fighting the infinite war but when Banksy calls for peace he's fake virtue signalling.

At least I'm prepared to admit that I was being hypocritical.
You will carry your prejudices and double standards to the grave.
/shrug