Re: Quotes

Post by heydaralon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:18 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:27 am
heydaralon wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:17 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:47 am
Fuck, this one sent a shiver through my spine...

Bansky is kind of a lowlife but that is a good quote.
What?
I'll need you to explain to me how he is a lowlife.
The man is a genius with the ethics of Gandhi.
I'm not a huge Gandhi fan tbh.

This bansky character vandalizes buildings and he has a tendency to disturb the peace with his antics. Probably doesn't even have a tv license. He's a lowlife if there ever was one.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:47 pm

I don't know if Bansky ever did anything so low to be compared to Gandhi.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:01 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:18 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:17 am

Bansky is kind of a lowlife but that is a good quote.
What?

This bansky character vandalizes buildings and he has a tendency to disturb the peace with his antics. Probably doesn't even have a tv license. He's a lowlife if there ever was one.
Vandalises buildings?
I think you'll find he adds massive value to them. Often his graffiti is carefully removed and sold for many tens of thousands of pounds.
I'd love him to ''vandalise'' one of my trucks.

Disturb the peace?
Peace is his main message.

His art is clever...

...and is witty
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:13 pm

Seems like a pozzed leftist.

Not even a controversial message in his art. Totally safe and approved. CNN Art.

"It's Okay to be White" totally trumped anything Bansky ever did in every way.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:25 pm

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:37 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:01 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:18 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

What?

Vandalises buildings?
I think you'll find he adds massive value to them. Often his graffiti is carefully removed and sold for many tens of thousands of pounds.
I'd love him to ''vandalise'' one of my trucks.

Disturb the peace?
Peace is his main message.

His art is clever...

...and is witty
meh. I've chuckled at a couple of his murals, but overall I think he is just a poseur. There are so many cameras around the UK, I don't believe for a second that the authorities don't know who he is. Its just choreographed. Like that auction where his painting shredded after it got sold. That was clearly a publicity stunt that the auction house was in on. The mystique around his subversiveness is all marketing too, and really Banksy just reinforces bien pensant views. He's about as rebellious as a super bowl ad.
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:44 pm

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I like his art.
I thought no country for old men was shit.
Each to his/her own...

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:55 pm

There's literally nothing controversial about what he does. He might as well be paid by the globalist banksters to do what he does. Maybe that is why he calls himself Banksy.

The It's Okay to Be White campaign was actually transgressive art and cut to the heart of the primary form of bigotry hurting millions of people in the West today. Bansky doesn't do that. He reminds me of that Trevor Noah douche talking for over an hour in a standup about white racism and how hard it is to be a black man from South Africa, with absolutely no sign of recognition of the hypocrisy while his own people are actually genociding white people.

Whatever. If you are going to do political art, at least be transgressive. Don't just push the globalist groupthink narrative. Sad.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:03 pm

In terms of craft and style, I think he has talent, though. He just doesn't use it very well. Imagine if Basquiat, instead of producing fine art, just started doing USPS advertisements or some such bullshit.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:09 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:55 pm
There's literally nothing controversial about what he does. He might as well be paid by the globalist banksters to do what he does.

You are so full of shit.