Problems with Democracy Vouchers

Martin Hash

Problems with Democracy Vouchers

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:07 pm

1. “Democracy Vouchers” are intended to publicly fund elections by raising the Property Tax & distributing it to candidates. OMG, There are so many things wrong with this, I can't believe it isn't dismissed out-of-hand:
I do NOT want to finance a campaign of someone I don't agree with!
2. This BS falls into the "equality" category: from those according to their ability, to those according to their need.
3. Property taxes are not rationally connected to elections.
4. If someone gives you money for a campaign & you don't spend it - it's yours! Plus, pay yourself, pay your family. I WANT IN ON SOME OF THAT! Sign me, my kids, the neighbors up as candidates, we'll "contribute" someone else's money to each other.
5. What if you need $1000 or $10000 per person to beat The Rich candidates? How deep does this "fairness" go?
6. Of the 10s of thousands of candidates this is going to create, do they all go into a 1000-page Voter's "pamphlet"?
7. Why not a Sales Tax? Why not an Airport fee? Why not a "matching funds" tax in donations? Why is it mostly Middle Class homeowners?

This is just another attack on the Middle Class because The Rich are invulnerable.

p.s. Seattle, Washington has already passed an ordinance.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change