Trump's Positives So Far:

Okeefenokee

Re: Trump's Positives So Far:

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:17 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
That's not the same as commuting into the city every day from someone's home in Long Island. You have to get to where you can take the train in. Most people take a train to the train that takes them into the city. It's a long commute. You drive to the local train station, then take a train to a 'main train,' then take that train into the city. Often you have to then take the subway to your office. It's not easy for the majority of L.I. commuters.
Welcome to 2017,

This proves my point. Drive to a train and then take multiple trains into the city. Then a subway to your office.
No one listen to her. Houses on that horrible horrible island cost a million or more because everyone wants to move there, and the bronx is a fucking ghetto.

Why are liberals so fucking delusional so fucking always?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:50 pm

The Bronx ain't exactly cheap, the median listing in the Bronx is almost $500,000.

In NYC, a million dollars for a house is actually chump change.

There's projects in the Bronx, but it's not one big ghetto, it's being gentrified just like everywhere else.

By NYC standards the Bronx is actually a steal, but it wont be for much longer.

Brooklyn is tapped out, Queens is tapped out, the only place left for people to go to get in the game, is the Bronx.

It's no different than LA, some of the worst "ghettos" in the country are now becoming its most sought after property.
Nec Aspera Terrent

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:53 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:The Bronx ain't exactly cheap, the median listing in the Bronx is almost $500,000.

There's projects in the Bronx, but it's not one big ghetto, it's being gentrified just like everywhere else.

Brooklyn is tapped out, Queens is tapped out, the only place left for people to go to get in the game, is the Bronx.

It's no different than LA, some of the worst "ghettos" in the country are now becoming its most sought after property.
It's not gentrification. Plenty of neighborhoods in the Bronx were always middle class and others were always rich. It's just that the bad neighborhoods are really bad and were filmed and written about in the past, so everyone thinks the Bronx is horrible.
:royalty-queen:

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:57 pm

Okeefenokee wrote: No one listen to her. Houses on that horrible horrible island cost a million or more because everyone wants to move there, and the bronx is a fucking ghetto.
Not to worry, Okee. I won't let anyone on Arthur Avenue hurt you.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:05 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:The Bronx ain't exactly cheap, the median listing in the Bronx is almost $500,000.

It's not gentrification. Plenty of neighborhoods in the Bronx were always middle class and others were always rich. It's just that the bad neighborhoods are really bad and were filmed and written about in the past, so everyone thinks the Bronx is horrible.
But the South Bronx is gentrifying now, it's nothing like it was back in the 70's. It's like, Mott Haven; they're building luxury condos there now.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:06 pm

The Norks will gentrify it right up in a flash.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:10 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:

But the South Bronx is gentrifying now, it's nothing like it was back in the 70's.
I haven't been there in a long time other than just driving by. What neighborhoods?

I know my old neighborhood in Brooklyn has been gentrifying at a rapid rate. I haven't been there but it seems like everytime someone asks me where I'm from, they wind up telling me that I wouldn't believe how much better it got.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:14 pm

Well like I said, back in 70's, when they said "the Bronx is burning", Mott Haven was pretty much the worst of the worst, and now they are building luxury condominium complexes and gourmet restaurants around there, can't get more gentrification than luxury hipsters living in Mott Haven.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:19 pm

Gentrification is such a ridiculous term. Decades of crying about the plight of the ghettos. Now they get fixed, and we cry about that. Just spread to the next ghetto.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:20 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
But the South Bronx is gentrifying now, it's nothing like it was back in the 70's.
I haven't been there in a long time other than just driving by. What neighborhoods?

I know my old neighborhood in Brooklyn has been gentrifying at a rapid rate. I haven't been there but it seems like everytime someone asks me where I'm from, they wind up telling me that I wouldn't believe how much better it got.
I grew up in a rough neighborhood with a bunch of African Americans. It was a bit like Oliver Twist meets Menace II Society. It was tough, but they taught me how to steal and survive in the harsh urban environment, and I taught them how to read and slapbox. It makes me sad, because the town I live in has become so gentrified that the unique flavor of it is gone. At 41 years old, I feel like the youngsters of today are oblivious to the rich heritage in the ghettoes of yesteryear. Its quite depressing, but I'm tough enough to move past it and continue to hustle and scrape by the only way I know how...
Shikata ga nai