No Business Taxes

Martin Hash

No Business Taxes

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:21 pm

Some things are so familiar we overlook their elegance. Case-in-point: business/corporations/proprietorships are the perfect economic machine. Not only do we not recognize this universal truth, instead business is often cast as the villain! They’re an easy target: envy, resentment, blame – bombs away.

And people are always trying to tie morals to business - morals in a machine? And there are persistent calls to make business our nanny - a machine responsible for our well-being? Just leave the machine alone and let it do its business. Part of this enhanced understanding of business is recognizing that taxing it is counter-productive. Tax the people who own the business – not the machine that creates the jobs and economies that enhance our lives!

I’m an attorney and accountant and I know a lot about business – enough to know they MUST be regulated because any machine left unattended eventually ceases to function properly. In business’ case, it’s not so much because the machine breaks down but because the people who operate it are flawed. Flawed people who forget that one of Government’s primary functions is to see that the business machines serve the nation – NOT the other way around.

p.s. Only U.S. citizens should be allowed to make campaign contributions.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

katarn

Re: No Business Taxes

Post by katarn » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:38 pm

I find these intriguing, but have near zero-knowledge to comment, so a bump for those that do.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:41 pm

Corporate taxes are a really, really bad idea, especially in a global economy where corporations are free to move to jurisdictions that do not tax them.

Tax the shareholders, executives, and employees.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:35 pm

We do that already.

I don't care about corporate tax, I'm much more concerned with proper regulation of the damned psychopaths.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:22 am

Martin Hash wrote:Some things are so familiar we overlook their elegance. Case-in-point: business/corporations/proprietorships are the perfect economic machine. Not only do we not recognize this universal truth, instead business is often cast as the villain! They’re an easy target: envy, resentment, blame – bombs away.

And people are always trying to tie morals to business - morals in a machine? And there are persistent calls to make business our nanny - a machine responsible for our well-being? Just leave the machine alone and let it do its business. Part of this enhanced understanding of business is recognizing that taxing it is counter-productive. Tax the people who own the business – not the machine that creates the jobs and economies that enhance our lives!

I’m an attorney and accountant and I know a lot about business – enough to know they MUST be regulated because any machine left unattended eventually ceases to function properly. In business’ case, it’s not so much because the machine breaks down but because the people who operate it are flawed. Flawed people who forget that one of Government’s primary functions is to see that the business machines serve the nation – NOT the other way around.

p.s. Only U.S. citizens should be allowed to make campaign contributions.
Why not let anyone contribute as long as the voters are American?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:31 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:p.s. Only U.S. citizens should be allowed to make campaign contributions.
Agreed. I was thinking Russia.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:36 am

Corporations are not people, so they shouldn't be taxed like people or have the rights of people.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:41 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:p.s. Only U.S. citizens should be allowed to make campaign contributions.
Agreed. I was thinking Russia.
Why not let them contribute?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:55 am

I was thinking about that old practice of folks putting in a couple weeks of labor each year for their lord. I got my property tax estimate in the mail the other day, and it comes out about the same. 45% is school tax.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:58 am

Okeefenokee wrote:I was thinking about that old practice of folks putting in a couple weeks of labor each year for their lord. I got my property tax estimate in the mail the other day, and it comes out about the same. 45% is school tax.
At least we're not paying 10% to churches anymore.

Oh wait....
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0