Guns

Martin Hash

Guns

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:55 am

Gun-worshipers come in 2 flavors: those who love the whole idea of guns, how they're made, their historical significance, their specs, the supporting equipment, etc., as much as any fanatical hobbyist/sportsmen in any other field. Then there are the people who anticipate going to war against the hated Government. These are the folks against any kind of bans on "military" weapon/ammunition. I explained this to a gun-grabber from Australia, and his suggestion was that Government should forcefully take all guns from these people because they were potentially rebellious. I'm certainly no gun-worshiper but with suggestions like that I can certainly see where they're coming from.

Then there are the people who think of guns as personal protection. They want to arm teachers to protect against school attacks. But I'm wondering why just schools? What about grocery stores? Gas stations, certainly. In Florida, you need to carry a gun in the movie theater in case you have to kill someone who threw popcorn, or has Skittles. Bus drivers? Cabbies: yep. Door-to-door sales? Car washes? Barber shops? Hey, I know, kids' soccer games; remember that ref who got killed? It seems there's no place that having guns wouldn't help.

The fact is, gun ownership in its Constitution. The gun-grabbers have tried passing restrictive legislation but lose at the Supreme Court. Gun-grabbers are going to need to have a Constitutional Convention and change it. Until then all gun-grabber talk is just demagoguery.

p.s. It doesn't make any difference what you or any other foreigner thinks.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change