Employees

Martin Hash

Employees

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:47 am

I have a very low opinion of employees, probably because I'm such an awful one. Anyone who ever hired me to do drudgery got an awful deal, not because I was worse than the employees around me but because I was working at about 10% capacity. At least I never became a gatekeeper, preventing others from doing their jobs out of perversity or exploitation of my little bit of authority. Companies would have been better off bidding my job out to a contractor who would assume all the downtime, inefficiency & passive-aggressiveness. It would be worth more money too.

There's all kinds of crappy jobs. Being forced to say, "Good Morning," or "Do you want fries with that?" would make my skin crawl. But so would mercury mining, trash sifting, and being stationed by myself in Antarctica. I would last about 10 seconds in a job that forced me to say "I love you," either because they fired me or I quit. The owner can make whatever onerous requirements they want concerning their own private business unless those requirements violate a Protected Personal Right. Unions are how you fight against such crap, but I won't be forced into joining a union either, so I guess the "I love you" industry will be doing without my services.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change