What Do Citizens Want?

Martin Hash

What Do Citizens Want?

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:53 pm

Citizens of a country really only have 3 things to give, the same 3 things that, not coincidentally, they expect to get: 1) help 2) laws, and 3) defense. Defense is the one thing that everyone absolutely, positively has to have because humans are humans & we don't live in peace naturally. Rich people have the most to lose, of course, but there aren't very many of them so they depend on everyone else to protect them. But that should be our choice, not theirs. The Rich don't like it that way so they mix their protection up with a lot of mumbo-jumbo, trying to make it an obligation for us to protect them; manipulative words like "courage," and "patriotism," and "duty," but those are manufactured concepts. Consequently, I would not allow my children to provide in the common defense if the deal was rigged. We were raised to reject an inherited aristocracy. If my children's children are destined to only serve at the behest of the 0.01% then that is not Liberty, that is tyranny. My lineage will not defend such a hierarchy. That's why when Conservatives demand that everyone risk the lives of their children to protect the vast wealth of the 0.01%, they are taking away the one thing the rest of us have to barter with. The many become the servants of the few which is the antithesis of democracy & freedom.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change