Post by Martin Hash » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:45 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:30 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:20 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:01 pm
Knowledge <> Wisdom.

See: the current state of our ‘intellectual elite’.
True, that's only one part. Wisdom is about breath & depth. Asking an expert has almost nothing to do with wisdom.
Wisdom is applied knowledge of a different sort. Knowledge of human nature, and the flow of life. Far more valuable than facts/figures.
You're describing self-awareness, the most critical part of wisdom. People have to be self-aware to be wise but to be the wysest, knowledge & experience are a measurement.

I get that everybody thinks they're wise which makes it subjective, which means "wisdom" would have no more cachet than Wokeness, but I made it objective by making it measurable.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Re: A Conclusion

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:48 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:45 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:30 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:20 pm

True, that's only one part. Wisdom is about breath & depth. Asking an expert has almost nothing to do with wisdom.
Wisdom is applied knowledge of a different sort. Knowledge of human nature, and the flow of life. Far more valuable than facts/figures.
You're describing self-awareness, the most critical part of wisdom. People have to be self-aware to be wise but to be the wysest, knowledge & experience are a measurement.

I get that everybody thinks they're wise which makes it subjective, which means "wisdom" would have no more cachet than Wokeness, but I made it objective by making it measurable.
I don’t think that the definition applies to self-awareness at all. That’s more of a clear vision of the self and the ego. Similar, but not the same.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:58 pm

I’m wise enough to know that people can have different definitions for the same word.

I was surprised a couple years ago to learn there’s internal & external self-awareness. Internal is what you’re describing but external is more nuanced. It’s not knowing what motivates other people but instead knowing what they think of you and being able to manipulate it. I’ve never really cared what other people thought of me so I was unaware how they did, and I certainly wasn’t doing anything to remold that perception.

So I’ve been working on my external self-awareness for a few years now, and let me assure you, there’s some things you don’t want to know.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:33 pm

Lol not sure how to interpret that, but cool beans
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:51 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:20 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:50 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:40 am
As far as wisest man… Who do you think is and how did you measure it?
History and mythology tell us its probably some dude living quietly in a rural setting who takes in information without getting distracted with others opinions or the luxuries of the world.

Throughout cultures the wise live this way, to gain his insights you have to go seek him out.
I’ve quantified wisdom to be breath & depth of knowledge, experience & self-awareness, so it should be measurable from the outside. A shaman in a cave can have wisdom but there’s no chance that he’s the wisest. Would you accept his wisdom on questions involving medicine, law, engineering or finances?
I feel weird critiquing you :lol:

Wisdom - the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgment. We generally agree on that.

We both agree that you fit the definition.

I can easily see that you are wise enough to frame a question in areas where you hold PhDs and the historical examples of wise men do not. The only way I could begin to quantify Wisdom it the demand for an individuals Wisdom. In history and mythology people seek out the Wise man, both commoner and noble. Perhaps with your Wisdom you can come up with a better way to quantify Wisdom.

If you are Wise, you will be sought out for council. I can't quantify how many people seek you out for council, you probably can ball park it.

depth of knowledge, experience
This is something I learned while an Apprentice Farrier on my way to becoming a Journeyman.
Experience at any task or skill takes time. The Master Farrier I worked under was in his late 50's at the time, I was in my late 20s. He used the example of people talking up their experience on a subject and applied simple math to show they were mere novices. Someone says they held X, Y and Z jobs over their life and what their age is. You can determine pretty quickly how much experience they have in an area.

When I look at you Dr Hash, you are far more accomplished academically than anyone I've ever heard of, remember I'm the one that told you to use Polymath, as they are rare and unique. You fit that bill.

However, real depth of knowledge and experience in a field takes decades, and as far as I know you haven't worked decades in Medicine, nor Law, nor Engineering. You certainly have great knowledge, and general experience and shown you can apply them. But If I want specific advice on a health issue, a specific legal case or an engineering problem, I'm probably going to look for the guy with decades of experience in that specific field.

My SWAG
As I said before, I don't believe you want fame. You want to be recognized, you want people to seek your wisdom and knowledge.

Frankly, You are doing the same shit and expecting different results.
You do Martins minutes. That's not working, you need to do something else.
I don't believe your conclusions are wrong most of the time, but I believe you don't understand your potential audience.
People want to know why......................I'll drop an example at the bottom.

My recommendations.

1) Longer form podcast.
2) Explain things in detail, the connections and how you come to your conclusions.
3) Put yourself out there and make predictions. People known for being wise tell you what will happen before it happens.

If posted this guy before, because his popularity is a mystery to me.
If this guy can have a substack with almost 60k, you can have a quarter mil. https://clifhigh.substack.com/
And he has a 110,000 on Twitter

Why do people follow him, because he makes predictions. He predicted Trump, he predicted COVID was a sham, etc. You know who else predicted that shit............... YOU.

And he doesn't have the qualities of a good podcaster, he has a poor voice, he's scatter brained, rambling and frankly did too many drugs in his Boomer youth.

He has tons of videos on Rumble and Bitchute too. All kinds of people seek him out for interviews.

You can beat him at that game. And people will seek you out for your Wisdom, but it will take a bunch of work, time commitment, and risk of being wrong.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:35 pm

I’m wise enough to know that people confuse fame for wisdom all the time. There are shitloads of OnlyFans models with lots of Followers. In fact, I have a whole section on both “fame” and “wisdom” in my 6 volumes of original personal quotes.

People also conflate degrees with licensing. To get licensed, a degree is only part of it, you need to have proven experience to the level of a “professional.” My claim is that I’m the only simultaneously-LICENSED doctor, lawyer, accountant & engineer. No mention of degrees b/c lots & lots of people with degrees haven’t the experience to be licensed. I’m not the one who decides what a “professional” is, other professionals do. Only professionals can even be insured. Though I’ve explained these facts before, I don’t expect people without experience to know.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:47 pm

So I’ll ask again: who is wiser than me and what makes them so? Don’t say other people subjectively determine if someone else is wise.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:49 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:47 pm
So I’ll ask again: who is wiser than me and what makes them so? Don’t say other people subjectively determine if someone else is wise.
Is it wise to make Wisdom a dick measuring contest, NO.

It's stuff like this why I don't consider you the Wisest man in the world.

I can go into more, but I don't want to. I consider you a decent guy and a bit of a friend.
I can definitively state I'm wiser than you in areas.
PLATA O PLOMO

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:17 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:49 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:47 pm
Is it wise to make Wisdom a dick measuring contest, NO.

It's stuff like this why I don't consider you the Wisest man in the world.

I can go into more, but I don't want to. I consider you a decent guy and a bit of a friend.
I can definitively state I'm wiser than you in areas.
Wisdom is not the same as expertise. There are lots & lots of people with more expertise than me but that doesn’t make them wiser, especially if their expertise was gained at the exclusion of other things. As I’ve also explained before, in my wisdom quantification, professionalism is only half the score; the other half of wisdom comes from more ephemeral things like art, sports, travel, philosophy & personal.

I wonder if “well-roundedness” wouldn’t set people off like “wisdom” does?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:26 pm

Anyone says they are the Greatest single person at some thing in the world is going to raise questions, and people are going to ask for evidence of your claims. And people should ask those questions.

I don't believe that is setting anyone off, it's just common sense that before you go along with a claim like that there's undeniable provable facts to support the claim.

Plus you're dealing with a bunch of skeptics here, all the experts in the world said the Jab was the best ever and we said Fuck Off. We looked at Joe getting 81 million votes and said Fuck Off.

We don't agree on things unless there is strong evidence to back it up.

I'm not being mean, I just have not seen the tangible evidence. Granted it's a pretty damn hard one to prove, or for you claims, disprove. There's a little genius in that on your part.
PLATA O PLOMO